Paragon Hard Disk Manager 2008 Suite

Discussion in 'backup, imaging & disk mgmt' started by avboy, Feb 18, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. avboy

avboy Registered Member

Hello,

Is anyone testing this? Seems good for the price. Any test results would be welcome. More importantly if all the features of the individual products are bundled?

Thanks in advance

2. avboy

avboy Registered Member

sorry to post it here. i think software & services would be the right place. Request a mod to move it.

Thanks

3. WSFuser

WSFuser Registered Member

I currently use it but I have not tried the individual products so I dont know how they compare.

So far Ive used the following features (from the boot cd):

Browse partition
    Restore/backup partitions
    Create/delete/format partitions
    Resize partitions
    Defragment partitions/MFT
    Move files

Its worked great.

4. zfactor

zfactor Registered Member

i have it to try i will test out this week as soon as i have time on a test machine ill let you know how it compares to acronis as i use that normally..ill post more as soon as i can

5. avboy

avboy Registered Member

Thanks WSFuser.
    Will await your results Zfactor. This is definitely on my A-list to buy. But the trial says that some features work in virtual mode only (for the trial). Hence would prefer to get some more details/test results.

Thanks

6. EASTER

EASTER Registered Member

I'm privy to updates being a very long time user of PARAGON, i have to admit the GUI is not to my expectations as much as the earlier versions but so long as it performs as expected i likely wouldn't gripe.

PARAGON is been a proven performer for me for many years and theres no other MAJOR player commercial backup product i would trade for it yet.

Although i do fancy DriveSnapshot greatly.

7. markymoo

markymoo Registered Member

I have tested this suite and have to say it is disappointing. It nothing new or major. It minor upgrades in a bundle and it had a few graphic corruption bugs. I don't need all there packages just 1 or 2 so i would buy them seperately. The versions i used alot in past prior worked very reliably. I like Paragon software but i have other favoured choices.

8. EASTER

EASTER Registered Member

I agree. I been a favored supporter of Paragon a long time but this Suite just doesn't do it for me in the same manner as previous releases. I notice some softness to it i do not like unlike the earlier stronger versions. But thats the impression i get.

Maybe their getting tired or just running out of ideas?

9. markymoo

markymoo Registered Member

@EASTER

to put it bluntly yep it seems they just bundled all there existing products together and slapped a 2008 badge on. i was expecting more from them. if you look at there product page it confusing they push so many products in your face that do the same thing. 3 backup products that are really all the same. talk about marketing. running out of ideas? yes i think there content with there products for awhile.

10. Espresso

Espresso Registered Member

The suite version is a cut down version of the 8.5 version.

11. C.S.J

C.S.J Massive Poster

ive tried it, the partition and disk recovery parts are great, the rest is so-so.

also, i tried the boot manager on vista, and i could reboot my machine. hmm.

"your machine will reboot in ..15...14...13"

..... "your machine will reboot in 1..."

then back to the start

"your machine will reboot in ..15...14...13"

either buy the partition software or the disk cleanup (or both), otherwise.... use the suite with caution, that would be my advice.

12. EASTER

EASTER Registered Member

I keep the Drive Backup Pro version CD recovery environment as a backup measure and it IS in fact pretty efficient for images/restores but it was blind as a bat when i lost my partitions to some unknown quirk, only PARTEDMAGIC saved them with it's TESTDISK app.

I keep a very old version 6 CD that is IMO better then them all.

13. lodore

lodore Registered Member

i have no problem with my paragon drive backup 8.5 pro vistape recovery cd.
    uses a few times everyweek to restore images after testing software.
    if someone wants to try paragon then try drive backup and not the harddrive manager 2008 suite. the older paragon hard drive manager 8.0 is great. the 2008 suite has been dummed down and isnt as good.

14. EASTER

EASTER Registered Member

Another confirmation noted and verified.

15. Woody777

Woody777 Registered Member

I think the Suite has a great Boot Disc. The program itself is not really necessary & yes the individual programs are better. But how could you expect the Suite to duplicate every part of every program. Yes Paragon dumped on me once too on a restore. I had to restore the partition with a restore disc & then import a FDISR archive. All these imaging programs seem to have flaws. Then do work most of the time however.

16. avboy

avboy Registered Member

Thanks everyone,

Just bought Drive Back up.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.