PerfectDisk 2008 version 9.00.038

Discussion in 'backup, imaging & disk mgmt' started by Chubb, Jan 23, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Chubb

Chubb Registered Member

2. berng

berng Registered Member

I have PD 8 with maintenance and PD tells me there I have the latest version. I also have not received an email that there is a new release and i can't find version 9 on their web site.:(

3. rendez2k

rendez2k Registered Member

Is this not the beta? I think you have to sign up to the beta program as I have and it has nothing to do with maintenance. Its open to anyone I believe.

4. berng

berng Registered Member

Thanks for the clarification.

5. squid13

squid13 Registered Member

I just bought Perfect Disk about two weeks ago and I got an e-mail today with a link to download the new version along with my product key. They said the release date to the public would be Jan. 29th. Here is some of what the e-mail said.

The much anticipated "official" release date of the new PerfectDisk 2008 family of products is only days away. Because you are covered by our upgrade protection policy, you are entitled to the free upgrade to PerfectDisk 2008 Professional and we wanted to get it into your hands a little early. Everything that you need, including your permanent license key, is provided at the bottom of this email.

To see a list of new features added to PerfectDisk 2008 Professional and to take a peek at the new products added to the PerfectDisk 2008 family, click the link below:

What's New: www.raxco.com/whatsnew

As you will see on the new website that will be launched on Tuesday (1/29), everything about Raxco and our product line has been given a huge upgrade. Over the last year, we asked our customers, as well as our competitor's customers, to tell us exactly what they wanted most in a defrag solution. The answers always came down to three simple things: Automation, Flexibility, and Complete Control - so we listened. Everything from the look and feel of the products, to faster performance, to even more scheduling options such as the new StealthPatrol, has been added to make your experience the best that it can possibly be. All of the new products will be available for evaluation on Tuesday so make sure you check out the new www.raxco.com and give them a try.

6. PoetWarrior

PoetWarrior Registered Member

This new version is a much improved defragger. I'm now going with the 2008 version over other defraggers. I know I'm crazy but I've enjoyed using it. :)

7. Carver

Carver Registered Member

I've been looking foward to the release of Perfect Disk 9.

8. Meriadoc

Meriadoc Registered Member

With PD Professional, PD for VMWare, WHS, Server I definitely will be looking at the new enhancements soon.

9. twl845

twl845 Registered Member

I got that e-mail too. It's for the PD 2008 PROFESSIONAL, and I'm using the PD 8 HOME OFFICE addition that I bought about a year ago. As a home user, would the professional addition be overkill? If so why are they tempting me with it? If not, does anyone think it would be worth it for me to upgrade to it or should I wait for PD 9 Home addition? :)

10. PoetWarrior

PoetWarrior Registered Member

The interface is completely redone and much better including the new features listed in a link above. I think it's worth upgrading. I'm referring to PD 2008 Pro.

11. Chubb

Chubb Registered Member

The e-mail that I received yesterday indicated that the e-mail notification was a result of my maintenance. It contains the link to the new version 9.0 final and a license key. :D

12. TonyW

TonyW Registered Member

I received the same email, and have upgraded.

13. twl845

twl845 Registered Member

That's the one I need. Do you know how I can get them to send me the v9 upgrade instead of the Pro 2008 version? Was there a link in your e-mail? I sent an e-mail to the support link on my notification and it was returned to me with a fatal error.

Last edited: Jan 24, 2008
  14. Chubb

Chubb Registered Member

You can try this one:

http://www.raxco.com/support/nt_email.cfm

It works for me a month ago when I want to ask something about maintenance renewal. I got a response one day after. ;)

15. twl845

twl845 Registered Member

Chubb, Thanks for the link. I have sent them my request. :D

16. NGRhodes

NGRhodes Registered Member

It has now been released.

From my website (PerfectDisk 2008 Professional Released)

17. twl845

twl845 Registered Member

I see there was a bit of confusing info. PD 2008 Pro v9 is the only upgrade from PD 8. There is no PD 9.

18. silver0066

silver0066 Registered Member

19. zfactor

zfactor Registered Member

so far the new one is really nice.. though during defrag even at low or normal usage settings it tends to slow down the system where 8 did not at all.. otherwise this is MUCH faster than version 8 wow

20. Gianni

Gianni Registered Member

21. twl845

twl845 Registered Member

I got build 39 too. Maybe because I didn't download from the e-mail for a few days.

22. Meriadoc

I've updated to PerfectDisk 2008 for VMWare Workstation (build 39)
    There is a virtual tab (see screen shot) for your virtual machine defrags, the VMWare DiskMount utility is needed which PD will offer you to download from VMWare if not present.

Attached Files:

23. Meriadoc

The recycler and space explorer are nice additions in being able to delete the temporary files, recycle bin and duplicate files and exploring the disk from within PD.

Attached Files:

24. Bunkhouse Buck

Bunkhouse Buck Registered Member

Where is the evidence (other than that provided by the firms selling defraggers) that defragging has any effect on computer/disk speed? I have not found one piece of objective evidence that defragging has any measurable impact on performance.

I own Perfect Disk and Diskeeper and have measured before and after defragging performance- and there was no measure of performance enhancement- none.

25. Huupi

Huupi Registered Member

Never measured in lab conditions,but after defrag with PD and sure for certain with UD, system seems snappier,more responsive,but must admit that which all these performance enhancers,its on the edge of kinda selffulfilling prophecy.

Its not always this way,and sometimes there is real gain but in remarkable many instances : you see what you like to see.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.