NOD32 3.0.566.0 removing the account information from my emails and newsgroup posting

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by spiderwebwoman, Dec 20, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. spiderwebwoman

spiderwebwoman Registered Member

I usually filter my incoming and outgoing email in Outlook Express by looking at the account it came in on. It appears that for some reason, NOD32 is wiping out that info on some emails, so they end up in my Inbox instead of the folder the rule should put them in. I know the account info is there, because I can see it in MailWasher Pro in the Account column.

After watching this for a few days, I've noticed that this happens to any email that gets moved in and out of the TempEsetAntiVirus folder when I'm downloading email. I've also seen it happen when I manually move messages from one folder to another.

Also, the account field is blank on all outgoing mail and messages posted to NNTP newsgroups.

Has anyone else noticed this?

I did send a couple of messages to ESET through their contact support page, but other than the auto-reply, I've heard nothing back.

2. spiderwebwoman

I have updated to the new version 3.0.621 and so far, it appears as though the problems I reported have been fixed.

Thank you

3. poutine

poutine Registered Member

my account field is still blank on all outgoing mail and messages with the new version !! :( Not that its that important. I guess its how NOD scans them that causes this, but it would be nice to get it fixed.

4. spiderwebwoman

That's strange - it's fixed for me. Are you using Outlook or Outlook Express?

5. poutine

Outlook Express !! ;)

6. spiderwebwoman

Well, you may be right. This morning it has removed the account information from a couple of incoming emails, but not all. It also has removed the account info from 2 emails and one newsgroup post sent out this morning.

7. poutine

i've reported this for a long time, emailed eset etc. to no avail :(

8. spiderwebwoman

I sent an email through their web site on 12/17 and never heard anything back except the auto-reply.

9. poutine

It would appear that no one knows or cares about this problem spiderwebwoman , seems worrying eh ? :eek:

10. spiderwebwoman

Sure does. I only upgraded to Version 3 because I'd heard it was easier to disable it when installing or uninstalling other programs. But it's not worth it if it's going to screw up my email this way.

I'm seriously considering downgrading back to Version 2.

11. spiderwebwoman

I received an email from ESET Customer Care last night - they said "This is not being reported by any other client."

I pointed them to this forum.

12. poutine

They told me that about the "BING" bug once, its bull**** :rolleyes: Recently I provided screenshots to ESET UK about this account bug and they had to concede.

UPDATE:
    I just sent some more to refresh thier memories.

Last edited: Dec 26, 2007
  13. poutine

spiderwebwoman !!

What i discovered you can do is this..

Open NOD32. Press F5

Choose Email Protection - Microsoft Outlook.

Uncheck - Sent email .

Now your account details will show again when you send your mail.

That'll have to do until eset get around to fixing it, which i doubt.:cautious:

14. spiderwebwoman

And what about incoming mail? My problem is that it is removing account information from incoming emails, and also when I manually move an email from one to to another.

15. poutine

Ummm you could turn off integration i guess, that seems to be the "Cure All"
    I dont think eset want to bother with Outlook Express, they view it as a fringe item i think. Thats why version 3 sucks when used with it.
    But like i said before, its part of windows, and lots of people use it so.... what gives ? :blink:

16. spiderwebwoman

I think for now I'll stick with 2.7 until I have the time to uninstall it and install V3 to try this.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.