Version 9.0 and Vista

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by Cobalt1254, Dec 16, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cobalt1254

Cobalt1254 Registered Member

I recently bought a new system with Vista Home Premium. My old XP system died. When I went to install TI version 9.0 a box popped up and said this program was known to be incompatilbe with Vista. I stopped right there. Is there any update from Acronis that will let me use my version 9 with Vista? Thanks in advance.

Tom

2. appster

appster Registered Member

V10 Home was the first verson supposedly compatible with Vista. The current Home version (v11) obviously supports Vista - meaning it will install and run on Vista. Note, while you can't install and run v9 on Vista, you should be able to use your v9 Rescue CD to backup and restore a Vista partition without difficulty (as long as your v9 Linux drivers recognize your new PC's hard drives). ;)

Last edited: Dec 16, 2007
  3. DwnNdrty

DwnNdrty Registered Member

I have used the Ver. 9 build 3677 Rescue CD to backup and restore a Vista system. And also just to test it, I found that the Rescue CD for ver 8 build 937 worked with Vista.

4. dbknox

dbknox Registered Member

If it is a new computer as you say, then the rescue disk probably won't see the new hardware. I made a Bartpe when I was still running XP and it works on Vista for me. I miss the "mount" function and will be uprading to TI 11, once the bugs are out of it. I am on dial-up and I don't want to download the software more times then necessary. Report back and tell us if the rescue disk does work or not. If not,someone will probably help you to create a Bartpe. I seem to think that TI has to be installed on the computer, but I am not sure.

5. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello Cobalt1254,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

Please be aware that Acronis True Image 9.0 Home does not support Windows Vista. We recommend you to download and install the free trial version of Acronis True Image 11 Home to see how the software works on your computer. With the trial version of the product you will be able to fully use the Windows version for 15 days. The bootable rescue media will be limited to restore function.

You can find the detailed instructions on how to use Acronis True Image 11 Home in the respective User's Guide.

Please visit Acronis online store to purchase the full version of the product. Notice that as you already own a previous version of Acronis True Image, you can purchase an upgrade installation package at reduced price (as compared to independent installation package).

Thank you.
    --
    Marat Setdikov

6. dbknox

dbknox Registered Member

It would be so nice to try the new TI version 11 and I would, if Acronis had an "uninstall program" that would completely remove all traces of TI 11 from my computer, in case it didn't work on my computer.

7. DwnNdrty

DwnNdrty Registered Member

You can get the same effect of complete removal yourself, if you save the Registry before installing TI 11. In fact this applies to any software you think you might not want to keep.

There is a built-in feature in Windows to Export the Registry or you can use the free EruNT to do save the Registry and to restore it.

8. Cobalt1254

Cobalt1254 Registered Member

If I can not install the old version, how will I be able to prove that it's an upgrade for me? Im guessing somewhere I have the email from when I first bought it though. Is that how it works?

9. dbknox

dbknox Registered Member

Erunt does not seem to work on my "Vista" and I never did trust MS "export registry" also it might be after a few more programs have been installed by the time I decide to uninstall TI ( too many veribles.... but as you see in a later post I did buy the upgrade to Version 11 $24.99 and it does work fine for me).

sorry Cobalt1254
    I missed your post. You are asked for the serial number of Version 11 and then have to add your serial number for the old version. I hope you kept your old serial number.

10. Ray Clare

Ray Clare Registered Member

Just make a restore point in Vista before installing the Acronis you want to try, and then if it doesn't work as you wish, restore your Vista system to that restore point, and Acronis is completely removed. No need to uninstall.

11. RAD

RAD Registered Member

I got suckered into buying v10, which was claimed to work under VISTA, but they have STILL not issued an upgrade which will work with VISTA.
    Now, they want me to buy ver. 11 ?? Ha !

12. dbknox

dbknox Registered Member

Thanks for the suggestion Ray Clare
    My problem with this is that it is a brand new computer, I am installing program after program. It would take me a while to try True Image and all the "fixes" that are available re: Bartpe and WinPe etc. ( and the many suggetions and fixes offered in this forum) That if I did a system restore I may be also restoring back to a date before some of the programs I want to keep are stored in the registery. It would be so much easier for all concerned if Acronis would make an "uninstall" program to remove all the "footprints" left behind in the registry.
    It is all moot now TI 11 does seem to work and I do not have to uninstall.
    I seem to have been very lucky with any version of true image I have tried. ( Fingers firmly crossed, knock on wood etc.)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.