NOD Fails Simulation

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by Rico, Sep 16, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rico

Rico Registered Member

Hi Guys,

With NOD32 configured to BlackSpears thread, I ran http://www.pc-st.com/us/ 'PC Security Test 2007' NOD 32 did not react. Other defense's active during test:

Prevx2, Comodo FW, RegDefend, & NOD32

Thanks & Take Care
    Rico

Attached Files:

• pc.png
      pc.png
      File size:
      16.7 KB
      Views:
  2. Kosak

Kosak Registered Member

Hi,

this test isn't trustworthy. In actual AV-Comparatives test NOD32 got ADVANCED+ mark.:thumb:

3. Bunkhouse Buck

Bunkhouse Buck Registered Member

That test is not correct. There are numerous credible testing firms that have shown NOD32 to be the highest rated anti-malware program on the market. You need to do some more research before you think NOD32 fails anything.

4. plantextract

plantextract Registered Member

No, the test is correct. But in order for nod to pass it it would have to be a hips, or at least act like one. A lot of these tests involve adding or changing different registry keys.

5. ASpace

ASpace Guest

Actually the test is very right . The firewall protected the OP for the hacking test and the virus stuff in green is tested with Eicar , thus NOD32 detected it . Unknown virus in memory test is made with harmless file and thus is undetected by ESET . All other things in which NOD32 failed are all related to test behaviour analysis programs (NOD32 is not such program)

6. Inspector Clouseau

Inspector Clouseau AV Expert

No, actually you are very wrong. Why on earth should something be alerted WHAT IS NOT MALWARE and adds a registry autorun key? And a answer "Because i want to know that" doesn't count. There are 98 percent of ordinary users who don't even know what a registry key is, let alone determining what registry key is "bad". Here's a screenshot of my Registry Autoruns - so according to that test Winamp, Nero, The Management Console from my Dell Laptop, The Wireless Connection Manager and Bluetooth should be detected by AV just because they add a registry key? What nonsense is that?

Attached Files:

7. lucas1985

lucas1985 Retired Moderator

I think that every AV support forum should have a sticky thread with information and screenshoots of the expected behaviour of product abc against EICAR test, simulators and other tests.
    It's an idea that has been lurking in my mind for some days

8. ASpace

ASpace Guest

Well , I mean the test is "right for itself" but it can't test regular antivirus software capabilities but HIPS programs instead. Neither NOD32 nor F-prot have such feauture in them (to monitor start-up entires and alert on them) . However, the old MS Antispyware (ala Giant) had such function to monitor these keys and alert on each of them , thus ask for permission about unknown for it (Windows Defender , other dedicated AS and HIPS should have similar one) . I don't think (you will probably agree) that the "run at start-up" should be listed under the antivirus . Perhaps I should have written :
    Actually the test results are right.

9. Peter2150

Peter2150 Global Moderator

It's not really even very good with HIPS. I tested with it a while back, and a) allowed everything it wanted to do and I flunked, and b) blocked everything and it crashed.

It is a dopey test in my opinion.

Pete

10. ASpace

ASpace Guest

OK... You win :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.