Tor

Discussion in 'privacy technology' started by 072707, Aug 6, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 072707

072707 Registered Member

In my XP sp2 administrator account I opened the Vidalia(Tor) control panel -> settings and chose to "Run Tor in the background as a Windows service". I also made sure the custom hardware profile I am usually running has Tor enabled under services.

When I switched back, after restarting the computer, to the limited account I use for the Internet I found that the Tor background selection was unchecked. My administrator account shows it as checked, however, and, apparently, limited account does not have sufficient privilege to change it.

Is there something else that I need to do to get the limited account to accept Tor background run or am I actually running it as a background service, as indicated in my hardware profile(s), but the software has a shortcoming that will not allow run tor as background to actually be checked under a limited user account.

2. GlobalForce

GlobalForce Regular Poster

Dbl check the information here, the bit on changing the "hiddenservicedir" for the user wishing to access it.

Steve

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.