can't image Dell Optiplex 745 (can't see network card)

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by xxsubz78x, Aug 3, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. xxsubz78x

xxsubz78x Registered Member

I have Optiplex 745 in my environment. I can't image because it can't see the network card. When I go to the Options I don't see any network cards listed to configure. I'm thinking it's a driver issue. (I'm booting with a Universal restore disk)

How do you get updated drivers in Acronis?

I'm running Acronis Enterprise Server 9.1. I'm successfully able to image other systems by using the Universal restore boot cd.

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello xxsubz78x,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Remote Server Backup Software.

Please make sure you use the latest build (3854) of both Acronis True Image 9.1 Enterprise Server and Acronis Universal Restore. To get access to updates you should first register your software. Don't forget to recreate Acronis Bootable Rescue Media after updating.

If updating doesn't solve the problem, please try booting with "acpi=off noapic" parameter as it is described in Acronis Help Post.

If the issue persists, please collect some information to let us investigate it thoroughly:

- Boot the computer from Acronis Bootable Rescue Media, remove the "quiet" parameter and wait for # prompt to appear;
    - Insert a diskette in a floppy disk drive and issue the following commands;

cd tmp
    mkdir mntdir
    mount /devfs/floppy/0 mntdir
    cat /proc/net/dev > mntdir/net.txt
    asamba dhcp -n > asa_dhcp.txt
    asamba masters > asa_mast.txt
    sysinfo > mntdir/sysinfo.txt
    umount mntdir

- Collect the net.txt, asa_dhcp.txt, asa_mast.txt and sysinfo.txt files from the diskette.

Please also collect the exact vendor and device names of the network card you use.

Then submit a request for technical support. Attach all the collected files and information to your request along with the step-by-step description of the actions taken before the problem appears and the link to this thread. We will investigate the problem and try to provide you with a solution.

Thank you.
    --
    Marat Setdikov

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.