Netscape not detected by 3.5.1??

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by mortoma, Jun 26, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mortoma

mortoma Registered Member

Hi,
    I just bought a new HP Pavillion laptop that came with Netscape 8.0.4 which is based on Mozilla. When I DL'd this new SpywareBlaster the other day, it did not detect Netscape after I installed it and went to enable all the protection. Therefore I have no protection for it, only IExplore is protected. SpywareBlaster gave me a message that there were no mozilla browsers on my system. What gives??

But on the other hand I just now DL'd and installed the latest Firefox V. 1.5.0. and blaster is now protecting it!! Why did it not detect Netscape but it does Firefox?? They are both Mozilla browsers. And another question now arises. That is if in fact in a future version of SpywareBlaster is able to see my Netscape, will it still protect Firefox?? Is it capable of handling three browsers, one Microsoft and two Mozillas?? What should I do??:rolleyes: :oops: o_O

2. mortoma

mortoma Registered Member

By the way, this machine does not have Vista on it. I got lucky and found a laptop that that still had XP Media edition on it when shpping at Circuit City the other day!!! I bought it immediately since I wanted a laptop and was not relishing the idea of buying one with Vista on it and then having to wipe it out to install XP on it. And I would have had to buy a new copy of XP too!! Ouch!!

3. javacool

javacool BrightFort Moderator

Hi,

The current version of SpywareBlaster (3.5.1) does not support the latest versions of Netscape. Support is planned for the upcoming new version.

And yes, when the next version supports the latest versions of Netscape, it will be more than capable of supporting Mozilla, Firefox, and Netscape installations on the same machine. :) (And Internet Explorer, too, of course!)

(Congrats on the new laptop, by the way! :cool:)

Best regards,

-Javacool

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.