security suite

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by sach1000rt, May 29, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sach1000rt

sach1000rt Registered Member

which is the best rated security suite these days with high detection rate and not much memory hog. or the best combination of AVs antispyware and firewall?

2. Sjoeii

Sjoeii Registered Member

Please try and test some yourself. As you can read on this forum everybody like another suite.
    Every PC is different so every suite works different for them.
    For me it is KIS7

3. innerpeace

innerpeace Registered Member

Hi sach1000rt, In order to get good advice, what type of system are you running? Vista? XP home/pro etc.? What are your surfing habits? Is this for a mobile laptop or a desktop? Just from what I read here at Wilders, many suggest KIS or Kaspersky Internet Security. It's a top notch AV, has a good FW and is fairly light for a security suite.

There are also ways to build a free suite of your own with good products. What I'm currently running are free versions of good software.

4. WSFuser

WSFuser Registered Member

Id say its Kaspersky Internet Security. Its a very good suit :thumb:

5. sach1000rt

i have installed windows xp mce on my desktop. and here is my hardware configuration.
    1 GB RAM
    intel dual core processor.
    which do you think will be the best suite for me. if there is good combination of any different AVs and antispywares please tell me.
    and ofcourse im thinking of upgrading to 2GB RAM

Last edited: May 29, 2007
  6. Antarctica

Antarctica Registered Member

I have about the same hardware configuration as yours and I've been running Kasperski Internet Security for over a year without any problems.

Testing now the new KIS 7.0 It runs very light on my system.

7. besafe

besafe Registered Member

Depending on your skill level, I would suggest:

1. Kaspersky Internet Security...for the advanced user
    2. Norton Internet Security for everyone else

And that is if you choose to go with a suite. There are other good suite options, but these 2 seem to be peaking at the moment. If not a suite, there are a ton of great combinations.

8. TJP

TJP Registered Member

Hi,
    Reads like you've got some "horsepower under the hood" with your setup :thumb:...Dual Core CPU & 1GB RAM (which is the RAM sweet spot with XP).

You questions may return a slew of answers...Personally I'd heed the advice of Sjoeii & try as many suites as you care too.

As there are quite a few to choose from, may I suggest you peruse the list of vendors over at AV-Comparatives & take a look at each suite they offer for trial.

Here are a couple of suite suggestions:
    I'm a paying Eset customer, so showing my bias :p may I suggest the beta version of the security suite (ESS). I've found this to be an excellent, basic AV suite.

ESS scans my PC faster than Nod32, the firewall is easy to use and an anti-spam module is also included. I'm uncertain how well the anti-spam works as I use Mozilla Thunderbird, not MS Outlook. (Other email programs are to be included over time.).

ESS is possibly not as feature rich as some of its competition at this point, but it will improve over time & its free to use at the moment.

I've briefly used the version 7.0 TR releases of Kaspersky's KIS (and KAV) to compare with ESS.

KIS is a phenomenal product, in my opinion it is head and shoulders above ESS because of the extra modules it has, such as a anti-rootkit scanner. With KIS you have a top notch AV with many different protection modules, an excellent firewall & the bonus of really low RAM usage at idle (with 1GB of RAM, this point is a little superfluous) .

Hope this helps in some small way...good luck with your search.

9. sach1000rt

thank u for the suggestion. So can i test KIS 7 or KIS 6 now. Which will be the good one? and i hope it will not decrease the speed of internet.

Last edited: May 29, 2007
  10. Antarctica

KIS 6.0 is the actual sold product. KIS 7.0 is TR version, they should release the final version sometimes in June but you can download it from here to test.

ftp://data.kaspersky.com/

11. C.S.J

C.S.J Massive Poster

Norton 2007/kaspersky based on that.

12. atlantis

atlantis Registered Member

13. The Hammer

The Hammer Registered Member

14. buffet

buffet Registered Member

it should be a combo of KIS7 + GhostSecurity Suite 2007

15. pravbk

pravbk Registered Member

where i can find ghost security suite?

16. Antarctica

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.