Lots of locked files

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by patch, May 14, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. patch

patch Registered Member

I'm aware the system locks some files, so they can't be scanned. However I get over 5000 of the following warnings on a In-depth analysis. Is this number of warnings normal or have I probably got a problem / infection?

C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Microsoft\Crypto\RSA\MachineKeys\000e2d954330f5849510ad5b1d1417b4_5aebebff-ca9c-4b33-a39c-fda6f4fac012 - error opening (Access denied) [4]

I have attached the log (with most of the repeated warnings deleted) View attachment Scan log.txt

BTW
    I have a windows XP professional machine with nod32 v2.70.37 I have uninstalled and re-installed nod32 and configured it as described https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=131758 (after doing the same thing manually).

Last edited: May 17, 2007
  2. patch

patch Registered Member

I think the answer is it's normal for windows.

I scheduled a weekly in-depth analysis scan, so it runs as SYSTEM, and the 5000 odd Microsoft\Crypto\RSA\MachineKeys locked files disappeared. No idea why they are locked to the administrator account but open to SYSTEM, Oh well that's windows I suppose.

3. ASpace

ASpace Guest

This is normal and you are not infected . These files can be either in use or they are password protected , or locked . But not infected . No AV can scan them

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.