Cannot save to backup server location

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by kidtriton, Apr 10, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kidtriton

kidtriton Registered Member

This pertains to True Image Enterprise Server 9.1.

I just installed the management console, backup server, and group server on one machine, and pushed the client to a couple of other machines. I can connect and manage everything just fine. (I can create images on the local machines as well as to network shares) But my real intentions is to save all these images to my "backup server". I set up an "Administrator Profile" for each of my client machines, using default settings.

When I try to create any kind of job, scheduled, now, from the management console, or from the fully installed product on a client machine, the backup server is showing up (bsp://xxx.xxx.xxx/), but when i choose it, the 'next' button is grayed out. Sometimes i can type additional characters in the field behind the bsp://..... and the next button will be allowed, but then I get this error: "You do not have enough priveleges to create the file..... Please choose another location". I'm not sure if this message is a valid indicator though, because the view in the pane on the right changes from a description of the backup server to a blank area when I modify that file string in order to get the 'next' button to darken. Also, my backup server location shows a + beside it, but expands to nothing. Also not sure if this is normal behavior or not.

I am using my domain administrator account to do everything, log into the computers, set up the group server, etc. I set all this up as a trial a few months ago before I purchased the product and I was able to get it working back then, I just can't figure out my missing link this timeo_O

It also may be worth noting that these machines are all 2k3 servers with the "windows firewall/internet connection sharing" service set to 'disabled'. A netstat shows several TCP connctions open on ports 1990,1995,2000,2005,2010,2023,etc. to port 9876 on my client that I last connected to, so I'm pretty sure there are no netowrking issues here.

Last edited: Apr 10, 2007
  2. kidtriton

Ok, I called support, and it was recommended that I install the backup server as local administrator (i had done it as domain administrator before). I uninstalled and reinstalled as local admin and now I can connect to another machine's agent and see "personal backup location" under my backup server choice. That's great, but it is requiring me to enter credentials almost every time i want to do this or that, contrary to the whole reason one wants to run servers in a domain environment. Now that I see how it is supposed to look and work, I'm going to blow these machines away and work on setting it up with less nags. I have a domain acct. that is a domain admin with a permanent password that I want to set it up on my production servers as, and not have to touch it, so any advice is welcomed.

3. Roboman10

Roboman10 Registered Member

Hi Kidtriton, was wondering if you had any luck with finding a FULL solution to your problem with "Cannot save to backup server location"? I am having the exact problem.

Please let me know if you have found a FULL solutiono_O

Thanks a million,

Roboman10

4. kidtriton

Well, the problem i was hving in this post was due to the backup server software freaking out and locking up when i tried to add administrative users to it. Support asked me how many users were in my active directory, and then when i replied 'around 3000' they said there was a bug in the current public build and sent me a link to an unreleased build that loaded the user list 30 at a time so that i could add users as administrators. That fixed that.

I ended up abandoning the backup server location option a little later though, because of other problems. This has not been a smooth deployment to my servers to say the least:(

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.