True Image - Moving from a IDE boot Drive to RAID Windows 2003

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by Kevint, Mar 31, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kevint

Kevint Registered Member

Hi,
    I need to move two of my IBM Blade servers from booting from a IDE drive to booting from a RAID systems.

What exactly do I need True Image with ot Without universal restore?

One server is running SQL and the other is running exchange will these be OK?

Can you use UR from the disk clone option?
    Thanks in advance

KevinT

Last edited: Apr 1, 2007
  2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello Kevint,

Thank you for your interest in Acronis Server Disk Backup Software.

Please note that for these purposes we may recommend that you use Acronis True Image 9.1 Server for Windows in conjunction with Acronis Universal Restore.

The instructions on how to restore the image to a different hardware using Acronis True Image in conjunction with Acronis Universal Restore can be found here. Also chapter 6.3 "Restoring disks/partitions or files from images" of the Acronis True Image 9.1 Server for Windows User's Guide contains the step-by-step instructions on how to perform the restoration. Note that it is preferred that image contains entire source disk.

I would also recommend that you have a look at chpter 5.3.4 "Database support" to find the information on how to back up server, which is running complex applications such as Microsoft SQL Server or Microsoft Exchange.

If you have any further questions concerning Acronis software, please feel free to submit a request for technical support or post any of them on this forum. We will certainly try to help you in resolving any issues.

Thank you.
    --
    Aleksandr Isakov

3. sebus

sebus Registered Member

Not a problem to move from IDE to RAID, you just have to install RAID card into server & get the drivers OK, before moving the image from IDE to RAID

sebus

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.