What r trueimage monitor & timeoutmonitor?

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by selkov, Mar 22, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. selkov

selkov Registered Member

Trueimagemonitor & trueimagetimeoutmonitor...
    ..They are using 54% of my system resources.
    TI 10 Build 2117.
    What are they/
    What do they do?
    Do I need to load that at start up all the time?
    Should they be HOGGING that much resource?
    What are my options?

2. thomasjk

thomasjk Registered Member

Look here Why Run The True Image Services

3. selkov

selkov Registered Member

Thanks for the link.
    I ran some searches but came up empty...dam syntax.

I read thru several of those linkis and associated threads.
    It is clear to me that no one really knows what is going on with these.
    Alot of hearsay from useres.

And Acronis they print opossing views....here read:

Posted from Acronis's Alex Popov:
    schedul2.exe - Acronis scheduling service. This service is started on the computer startup and remains active until the computer is turned off. It is used by Acronis software to start scheduled tasks. Note that Acronis True Image always schedule image creation tasks, even if you start the "Image creation" operation. Thus if you stop Acronis scheduling service, then you loose the ability to create images in Windows.

schedhlp.exe - Acronis scheduling service helper. This program monitors the logons and logoffs in the running system and notifies Acronis scheduling service about them. It is started when a user logs into the system and terminates when the user logs off. Acronis True Image uses this program to schedule tasks on user logon/logoff and to run non-scheduled "Image creation" operation.

TrueImageMonitor.exe - Acronis True Image Monitor. This program provides the interface between running Acronis True Image tasks and the user. It allows to observe the tasks progress and cancel the running tasks. It is started when a user logs into the system and terminates when the user logs off. This program is not required by Acronis True Image to perform its tasks, and can be terminated if you think it occupies too much memory, but you will loose the ability to control running Acronis True Image tasks.

All Acronis resident modules uses very little amount of physical memory in normal state (when no imaging or other task is performed) since operating system swaps them off to the swap file on the hard disk.

Posted from Acronis's Tatyana Tsyngaeva
    TrueImageMonitor.exe provides the interface between running Acronis True Image tasks and the user. It allows to observe the tasks progress and cancel the running tasks. It is started when a user logs into the system and terminates when the user logs off.

Timountermonitor.exe observes the tasks concerning an image mounting (exploring).
    These programs are not required by Acronis True Image to perform its tasks, and can be terminated if you think it occupies too much memory, but you will loose the ability to control running Acronis True Image tasks.

Clearly opposing statements.
    And what does this mean?
    "but you will loose the ability to control running Acronis True Image tasks."

Evryone says that these service use less resources then windows services.
    Not for me. I am running win 2K Pro.
    If I do not run these services task Manager reports CPU usage as 1-3 %.
    With them running it reports 55-60%. And the computer RUNS SLOWER.

Someone at Aconis please help!

4. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello selkov,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

Please note that the description of Acronis Services provided by Alexey and Tatyana you have quoted is correct. I am sorry but I do not see any contradictions between Alexey's and Tatyana's statements.

As for the issue you have experienced, first of all, please download and install the latest build (4942) of Acronis True Image 10.0 Home. To get access to updates you should first register your software.

If the issue persists with the latest build, please create Acronis Report and Windows System Information as it is described in Acronis Help Post. In addition, please create a screen shot of Windows Task Manager, which shows 55-60% CPU usage.

Then submit a request for technical support. Attach all the collected files and information to your request along with the link to this thread. We will investigate the problem and try to provide you with a solution.

Thank you.
    --
    Aleksandr Isakov

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.