Error opening a file (0x40007)

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by sbrinkmann, Mar 18, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sbrinkmann

sbrinkmann Registered Member

Hi!

I just test True Image Home 10.0 to make backups on a external USB-Drive. BUT: Every day I get the error message: "Cannot open file (0x40007). I have found many posts reporting the problem, but until now, not a real solution. I have send a report to Acronis. It seems that the backups work correctly, but I don't like a backup software, which find a error every day. :-( Can anybody help me?

Thank you,
    Sebastian Brinkmann

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello sbrinkmann,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

We are sorry for the delayed response.

First of all, please make sure you use the latest build (4942) of Acronis True Image 10.0 Home. To get access to updates you should first register your software.

In addition, please download the latest version of Acronis drivers, unpack the archive, install unpacked MSI package and see if the problem persists.

If the issue persists, please do the following:

- Replace C:\WINDOWS\system32\snapapi.dll with the one from the downloaded SnapAPI archive;

- Reproduce the issue and collect the log file;

- Get the log file without closing any application windows (including the error message windows if there are any). The log file will be created at C:\ . The name of the log file will be snapapi [date-time].log

Please provide us with some additional information?

- Did you use Acronis True Image Bootable Rescue Media or did you use Acronis True Image in Windows?

- Have you receive the above error when storing the image archive to the local hard drive?

Please also clarify if you try to create disk/partition image or create file-based backup (backup of separate files/folders).

Could you please also collect the log file from Acronis True Image that contains the error message? In order to do so please do the following:

- run the program;

- select Show log on the toolbar or from the Tools menu;

- select the log with error messages;

- click "Save the log entry to file" (the diskette icon)

Having collected the above information sent it to Acronis Support Team. We will investigate the problem and try to provide you with a solution.

Thank you.
    --
    Aleksandr Isakov

3. spleenwort

spleenwort Registered Member

Hi Sebastian,
    Just wondering if you solved the problem and how- I get the same error.
    Keith

4. sbrinkmann

No change. Still the same error message.

Same: No chance, still the same error message.

View attachment snapapi2007-03-24_03-09-07.log

I use Acronos True Image 10. Home in Windows 2000.

This is the only thing, that I didn't try out. Simply, because I save the backup files on a local USB-drive and I cannot image, that there is a big difference between a mounted local USB-drive and a local harddrive. But, if you want, I will try it.

File-Backup in a Backup-Space (or how you call this?)

View attachment 2007-03-24-201102.log

Thank you!
    Sebastian

P.S.: My trial periode runs out in six days. You may understand that I don't want to buy a software, that doesn't work error-free. So, please, be so kind so send me a new test key. I will continue reporting the errors and help you, to solve it.

5. sbrinkmann

Update: The backup works without a error message, then using a internal harddrive instead of the external usb drive. But: This isn't a solution for me, because an external hard drive is much safer than an internal one. :)

6. Acronis Support

Hello sbrinkmann,

Please submit a request for technical support. Attach all the collected files and information to your request along with the step-by-step description of the actions taken before the problem appears and the link to this thread. We will investigate the problem and try to provide you with a solution.

Thank you.
    --
    Marat Setdikov

7. sbrinkmann

Ok, I just send this to you german support and I hope that I will get a answer. The trial-period ends in six days and then I will uninstall your software.

8. sbrinkmann

Hi!

Just want to tell you that I still get no answer from the Acronis-Support. As the software will stopp the trail period in a few days, I will have to delete it and search for another tool. Thank you for the good service!

Can anybody tell me, which backup software works with a external drive?

Sebastian Brinkmann

9. DwnNdrty

DwnNdrty Registered Member

It definitely does! One of the suggestions was to do the procedure using the bootable True Image cd which you have to make from the installed software. Have you tried this?

10. sbrinkmann

I didn't understand that. This bootable True Image CD is only useful, then I want to restore the backup after a harddisk crash or not? But I don't want to restore, I want to BACKUP. Not the whole disk, but only some files. And, yes, True Image WORKS, but it present a error message every day and I cannot trust in a backup tool that told me every day, that it was unable to open a file then proceding the backup.

11. Acronis Support

Hello sbrinkmann,

Could you please let us know your Acronis request number (e.g. [Acronis #123456]) which was sent to you in autoreply to your letter? We will find out the reason for the delay. If you have not received an autoreply then please send us a Private Message containing your e-mail address.

Thank you.
    --
    Marat Setdikov

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.