Media Builder Fails on TI10, DD10, DC6

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by twokatmew, Mar 4, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. twokatmew

twokatmew Registered Member

I just updated to the latest releases of TI Home 10, Disk Dir 10 and Disk Cleanser 6. Now I can't create bootable rescue media for any or all of the three products. I discovered this when I tried to clone a data drive by starting TI from within Windows, and the process hung twice after reboot and during the disk locking phase (0%). It was then that I realized I hadn't created BRM for all three apps. I get error "E0018000B," which says "cannot load required components." Then I get a string of errors from "disk full" to "bad media" and a slew of others that I forget. It seems like it's just spewing out every error msg it has in its arsenal. BTW, I tried multiple media, and then successfully burned files to the media my Acronis progs rejected. Makes me wonder if the TI images I've been making and validating OK are any good.....

I do have bootable rescue media from the first release of TI Home 10, which I booted from and managed to successfully clone my data drive. But I can't make bootable media for any of the apps since I updated to the latest releases. Normally I do one change at a time, but this time I did all three. Now Media Builder is busted. Any ideas? Anyone else having this prob?

I'm running a clean WinXP Pro SP2 system with all current updates. I even ran "msconfig" and turned off all non-vital services and startup progs. Same prob. Guess I'll try reinstalling TI 10, but I'm not very hopeful.

Help pls?

Regards,

Margaret

2. twokatmew

twokatmew Registered Member

bump

anyone, tech support, please help!

3. Richard Urban

Richard Urban Registered Member

I have had this happen because I had packet writting turned on (Roxio's Drag-To-Disk). I turned off DTG and created the boot CD without further incident.

4. FBMachines

FBMachines Registered Member

I had the same issue after installing the updates of DC6 &DD10. The issue for me was DC6. If I left it uncheck but checked TIW9.1 and DD10 the rescue media was built but if I tried to create media for DC6 either by itself or with TIW and DD the rescue media builder would crash. What fixed the problem for me was in the order in which I updated. Apparently DC6 uses the correct rescue media code because if I installed it last everything worked. So try uninstalling DC6 and reinstalling it then try to build a rescue disc again.

Last edited: Mar 5, 2007
  5. FBMachines

FBMachines Registered Member

Just curious, did you ever resolved your issue?

6. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello twokatmew,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

We are sorry for the delayed response.

Please reinstall the bootable media builder components of all three products in order of their release dates.

If the issue persists, please try using next tips in order to solve it:

- Eject any disc from the burner prior to starting the application;
    - Proceed until the program asks for a disc and open the tray;
    - Insert a disc and then click the OK button to close the tray automatically as well.

If that doesn't help then I would also recommend you to update third party CD writing software if any to the latest version available for free on its respective web site.

Please also note that you should use a blank unformatted CD-R or CD-RW in order to create a bootable rescue disc.

Please try creating an iso image instead of direct writing to media, and then burning that image using third-party cd/dvd burning software.

If nothing of the above helps then please also try creating Bootable Rescue CD in Windows Safe Mode.

If the issue persists, please collect some information to let us investigate it thoroughly:

To obtain CD Recorder log, please proceed as follows:
    - Run regedit from Start -> Run;
    - Open HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Acronis\DebugLogs registry key;
    - Please create the folder DebugLogs if it does not exist yet;
    - Add cdrecord value (Type: DWORD; Data: 1);
    - Please reproduce the problem;
    The cdrecord.log will be created in Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Acronis\DebugLogs folder.

Please create Windows System Information as it is described in Acronis Help Post.

Then submit a request for technical support. Attach all the collected files and information to your request along with the step-by-step description of the actions taken before the problem appears and the link to this thread. We will investigate the problem and try to provide you with a solution.

Thank you.
    --
    Marat Setdikov

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.