Urgent- Exchange Store stopping w-XMON after 2022 update ??

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by twwabw, Jan 30, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. twwabw

twwabw Registered Member

I've just had 3 sites go down in the last hour, after downloading the 2022 update within the last hour! Restarting the information store manually, it stops again within 30 seconds with Exchange errors.

I've stopped the XMON modules, and the store restarts OK and continues running!

2. aread

aread Registered Member

Happening here too.
    Exchange 2003 SP1, on Windows Server 2003 SP1.

Is there a short term roll back to the previous definitions?

Problem happened after 2022 definitions came down.

3. twwabw

twwabw Registered Member

4th site just went down. WTF

4. alpintech

alpintech Registered Member

Information store stopped unexpectedly and won't restart..... turned off XMON and it runs..... but unprotected......

Local support have escalated to ESET, so I nervously await a resolution.

5. twwabw

twwabw Registered Member

Can we roll back to 2021??

6. Blackspear

Blackspear Global Moderator

I have made ESET aware of the problem and they are working on it as we speak.

Cheers :D

7. realitybytez

realitybytez Registered Member

add me to the list of sites that have had to turn xmon off. jeez. i never had these problems with symantec.

8. Blackspear

And I never had an issue with the old jalopy I had back in the 1800's either :blink:

Blackspear.

9. realitybytez

i knew i'd get a comment like that. but the fact is that i just switched our network to nod32 this past weekend. it took some convincing to get the management to buy into moving away from a product that has worked flawlessly for the last four years. so here we are on day two, our email server crashes, and i'm having to justify why we spent so much time and money to switch vendors.

10. Blackspear

What you have seen is an absolute rarity with NOD32, ESET are very stringent on quality control, and this is an instance where something has slipped passed.

Blackspear.

11. robf

robf Registered Member

another one here - running Exchange server 6.5 (Build 6944.4) on SBS 2003
    any updates yet?
    thanks
    Rob

12. realitybytez

for now, i'll have to take your word for it. no way am i telling my bosses that it was their brand new antivirus software that took down their email server. i'm just glad i was able to figure out what caused it so quickly. frankly, if i hadn't just installed nod32 over the weekend, it might never have ocurred to me that it was the culprit.

13. twwabw

twwabw Registered Member

I'd be happy if they'd re-release the prior update as a new update. Or answer the support line. Or post here. This little "slip" has my clients irate. It's our face in the field that suffers, as we are the ones that recommended it to our clients / bosses / companies. So are we a little irate? Yep.

Been on hold for 1hr 10 min so far.

14. ofer

ofer Registered Member

same here, I have 6 production server that are running unprotected because of this - anyone heard anything back from eset ?

15. Blackspear

ESET are testing a new update.

16. bleetz

bleetz Registered Member

We have had the same issue across about 5 or so sites, sadly.. best you can do is disable Xmon, I have contacted our local distro for nod32.. and they have no solution either - besides from above mentioned.. Not really much of a solution to be honest.. but that's the best they have at the moment...

I will post here if i hear back sooner and/or if someone hasn't posted already...

17. DS1234

DS1234 Registered Member

Have the same problem here. Unfortunatly I started from the other end... I was troubleshooting the Information store before the virus scanner. Live and learn I guess ;). Unfortunatly I went a little overbaord and just uninstalled it, teach me not to check the forums first. Am glad we have a GFI gateway server to stop viruses coming in as well.

That being said, have been impressed with it's (Xmon) virus pickup rate till now.

18. YeOldeStonecat

YeOldeStonecat Registered Member

Along the Shorelines somewhere in New England

I've had Symantec, McAfee, CA, and if I recall correctly, AVG, crash an Exchange server in the past. It happens.

19. intense

intense Registered Member

Have the same problem across about 6 - 7 sites. Looking forward to the solution.

20. Blackspear

I have a update and temporary solution:

This seems to have affected only XMONs where the "Exclusions" were NOT properly set in AMON.

1. Make sure the exclusions are there.

C:\Program Files\Exchsrvr\Mtadata
    C:\Program Files\Exchsrvr\Mdbdata
    C:\Program Files\Exchsrvr\Servername.log (replace Server Name with your servers name)
    C:\Program Files\Exchsrvr\Mailroot
    C:\Program Files\Exchsrvr\Srsdata

2. For now, until 2023 is released, edit XMON settings and TURN OFF background scanning.

3. They then can enable AMON

4. Enable XMON

And the system will resume.

It is suggested that when 2023 is released, please re-enable background scanning.

21. Ocwan

Ocwan Registered Member

Yea, what he said ;p

22. vexation

vexation Registered Member

Weird.. same problem on both an SBS2000 box (Exchange 2000 SP4) and an SBS2003 box (Exchange 2003 SP2) - confirmed that AMON DOES have the exclusions. Have just disabled XMON for now.. nice to see it's being worked on already.

23. realitybytez

i don't want to be picky. i appreciate the workaround and all. but according to the manual, you don't have to exclude those folders if you have amon set to only scan the default file extensions.

further, not everyone has exchange installed on the c drive.

24. alpintech

alpintech Registered Member

I have added .log,Mailroot & Srsdata (the others were already excluded (but not on C: ) and implemented the rest and this is working (or at least not crashing after 10 mins)

25. Ocwan

Ocwan Registered Member

I think he meant C:\ as an example. I hope you didnt expect him to know what everyone in the world places their exchange server on. C, D, E, F,G,H,I,J,K,L,M,N,O,P,Q,R,S,T,U,V,W,X,Y,Z Man on the moon. Mars:\

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.