Windows Vista RC1 fails to load.

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by nadirah, Sep 24, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nadirah

nadirah Registered Member

Currently, I am testing Vista RC1 build 5600 using VMWare Workstation 5.5.2 and Microsoft Virtual PC 2004. Vista loads past the 'Windows is loading files' part and displays an error and the installation stops( see attached picture below). I'm not really sure as to what is causing this, I've checked the .iso image, all the files and nothing seems to be wrong. What is causing Vista to fail to load properly? I need some help on this. :doubt: I'm booting off directly from the vista .iso image

Attached Files:

Last edited: Sep 24, 2006
  2. Mrkvonic

Mrkvonic Linux Systems Expert

Hello,
    I can offer 2 solutions:
    1. Reinstall.
    2. Try VMWare Player / Server instead.
    Mrk

3. iceni60

iceni60 ( ^o^)

maybe you are trying to run the 64bit version on a 32bit machine?? that error message looks like itś totally failing to load. i'm posting from vmware now. i´m not using vista though :p

4. ErikAlbert

ErikAlbert Registered Member

Last edited: Sep 24, 2006
  5. nadirah

I'm using the 32-bit version, my computer's not a 64-bit machine! I re-downloaded the 32-bit vista .iso image 2 times and it still fails with the same error! Do the system requirements apply to beta and RC releases as well?

Last edited: Sep 25, 2006
  6. nadirah

Yeah, seems like errors in Windows Vista are going to be colour-coded. :D It's a perfect addition to the new UI in Vista.
    On another note: Build 5728 fails differently from b.5600, b.5728 gives me a 'stack fault in kernel' error, in Virtual PC b.5728 does not display the error, it stops and freezes completely whereas in VMWare Workstation b.5728 fails and shows the error 'stack fault in kernel'.

I give Vista 0 out of 5 stars.

Last edited: Sep 25, 2006
  7. Mrkvonic

Mrkvonic Linux Systems Expert

Hello,
    Try VMware. I got it running without problems.
    Mrk

8. iceni60

iceni60 ( ^o^)

you mean your computer won't run Vista natively? if so, then i know what you mean, but i don't think it will run.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.