Lockup of Win2003 when running a scheduled backup

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by dedmonds, Sep 10, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dedmonds

dedmonds Registered Member

Acronis True Image Server version 9.1 (build 3,666)

Windows 2003 Server Standard Edition R2

Interrmitently the server will lockup when I run a scheduled backup with Acronis. I am running a full backup everyday on the entire Raid Array to a internal SCSI Tape Drive. The freezeup happens about once a week and seems to be getting more frequent.

I can't stop or shutdown Acronis and have to manually reboot the server to let users have network access again. It really hard locks.

when I look at the report for the backup that locked up it's last entry was "Locking Partition C:"

Please help!!!!

2. stevenmh

stevenmh Registered Member

I'm having the same problem with SBS2003. It's happened twice now, about 3 weeks apart... starting about one week after the trial period ended and I paid for a license.

The first time I saw a bunch of Exchange related errors in the event log. I think they were a result of, not the cause of, the Acronis lockup. However, to be safe, I wrote a couple scripts to shut-down/restart Exchange and added the scripts with the pre/post command option.

This morning the server was down, with the last event in the Acronis log at 12:06, Locking partition C. At 12:23 I get a DNS error and it's all downhill from there.

I ran NT Backup for a year prior to this without trouble. The only downtime I've had is since installing Acronis. I will contact support and see if they can help.

3. dedmonds

I have the same thing happen with the lockup and then a DNS error(s). Has anyone found a solution to this?? Help Please??

4. nahmus

nahmus Registered Member

Stevenmh,
    I'm having the same problem but i think it might be realted to my stop/start scripts. Could you post what you are using to stop/ start exchange?

I'm running win2k3 server as well.

thanks!

5. dedmonds

Well, I am not running Exchange on my server at all and am still getting this issue. It is just a file/print server with terminal services, nothing else.

Where is techsupport on this issue??

6. nahmus

nahmus Registered Member

I have acronis running on other servers without a problem. I'm just having a problem with the exchange server. I'll get the version number and post it up later.

7. nnhood

nnhood Registered Member

I'm having the same issues with Acronis True Image Enterprise 9.1

Amazingly, our Exchange 2003 server is not having the issue. We have an attendance software called MMS Generations which uses terminal services for users to connect. This server as well as our Prosoft Admin server seems to lock up randomly and then we have to do a hard reset/reboot of the machine.

I really like the software, but they have to fix this issue cause it's no good to reboot like that all the time. Going to end up restoring an Acronis Image because Acronis messed up the server... hehehee

Hopefully they will resolve whatever is causing the problem.

Matt

8. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello everyone,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Server Disk Backup Software.

We are sorry for the delayed response.

First of all, please make sure you use the latest build of the appropriate version of Acronis True Image. To get access to updates you should first register your software. Please also be aware that in case of using Acronis True Image 9.1 Enterprise Server you should also update all components including Acronis Agents, Acronis Management Console, Acronis Backup and Group Servers, Acronis Universal Restore, as it is obligatory for all components to be of the same build in order to interact correctly. In addition, it is recommended to create new Bootable Rescue CD after installing the update.

If the issue persists with the latest build, please download the latest version of Acronis drivers, install it and see if the problem persists.

If the issue still persists, please do the following:

- Download SnapAPI.dll

- Replace C:\WINDOWS\system32\snapapi.dll with the downloaded one

- Reproduce the issue and collect the log file.

The log file will be created on the C:\ partition. The name of this file will be snapapi[date-time].log.

Please also create Acronis Report and Windows System Information as it is described in Acronis Help Post.

Please clarify the "DNS error(s)" you have mentioned. What exact error message you have received? When exactly have you received? Make a screen shot of the error message, if possible.

Please also collect the log file from Acronis True Image that contains the error message. In order to do so please do the following:

- run the program;

- select Show log on the toolbar or from the Tools menu;

- select the log with error messages;

- click "Save the log entry to file" (the diskette icon)

Then submit a request for technical support. Attach all the collected files and information to your request along with the step-by-step description of the actions taken before the problem appears and the link to this thread. We will investigate the problem and try to provide you with a solution.

Thank you.
    --
    Aleksandr Isakov

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.