activex control

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by danny#12, Jul 18, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. danny#12

danny#12 Registered Member

i cannot install the activex control in order to use the 'microsoft full safety scanner'.Also once i've tried ican't jump 2 another page,i have 2 close internet exp and reopen can anybody help me please

2. Detox

Detox Retired Moderator

Well to be honest you might need to tell the folks just what the heck you are talking about at least in regards to software etc...

3. danny#12

safety.live.comi'm talking about 'microsoft full safety scan' an online service provided by microsoft but if u haven't heard of MICROSOFT try googling Bill Gates.

4. Bubba

Bubba Updates Team

Hello danny....Welcome to Wilders,

While I can assure the members and Wilders staff will be more than happy to assist you....I will ask that you despense with the less than appropriate quoted remark above. Detox was simply attempting to determine more about your problem in order to not only help with your situation but also determine what appropriate forum your thread should have been posted in instead of a Test forum.

Bubba
    ----------------------------------------------------

In regards to your ActiveX problem....what actually happens when you are attempting to use the 'microsoft full safety scanner' :doubt:

Also....once you have responded to this post I will be removing this whole thread to a more appropriate forum instead of test forum. This remark when then be removed.

5. danny#12

Re: Active X

thanks all.i've tried internet options-unchecked 'block pop ups' box, entered site name in 'allowed sites'but they're still getting blocked ie blocked pop up window appears.here lies the problem,iclose that window click the address bar, where it prompts, i get the drop down menu and click 'install activex control' and nothing happens.i'm then stuck on that page [links,back button etc dont work] i have to close ie and then reopen in order to browse.

6. danny#12

OK peace, taken out of context.I think i've told u about all i can.If you're moving this thread to another forum can u tell me the easiest way 2 access it please.

7. Bubba

Bubba Updates Team

When you come back to this Test Forum you will see the list of threads and one of them will be your thread. It will have the word Moved: next to it and you will click on that thread and it will take you to where the thread has been moved to. For future reference....software type questions like what you have started a thread about should be started in our software & services forum. Once you have been here a bit I'm sure it will become much easier in how and where to post about items.

HTH(hope that helped)
    Bubba

8. danny#12

yes thanks

9. Bubba

Bubba Updates Team

Hey Danny,

Couple of questions. Since you say Internet options I'll assume Internet Explorer ?

If so....and since you say 'block pop ups'....does that mean you are using version 7 of Internet Explorer and if not what version ?

10. danny#12

hello again.Yes 'Internet Explorer'
    Regarding the version 'About Intrnet Explorer' tells me version 6.0.2900.2180......​

11. TairikuOkami

TairikuOkami Registered Member

I put page to trusted (set to Low) and and it was not working.
    When I reseted all settings (via Reset), it started to work somehow.
    I added webpage to trusted again, but I did not have to lower level.
    IE asked me to run MSXML 3.0 SP5, then to instal activex and so on.
    1.screenshot, 2.screenshot, 3.screenshot, 4.screenshot, 5.screenshot.
    I had to start 3 times from homepage, because activeX frozed a few times.
    I did not get the scanner working anyway (I guess due to my other settings).

12. danny#12

thanks. I've now installed IE7:) looking good.I tried again with scanner and this time i seemed to have got as far as installing the activex control but now i'm getting a window saying 'Status:Downloading scanning tools.'IT goes 2 33% and stops.I clicked cancel and it instantly went 2 97% and thats where it stays.The cancel button is no longer usable ie it fades.NOthing left but 2 close the window, ho hum.
    Before i go ,Control panel>modem settings is telling me my modem isn't installed properly and that i should uninstall the modem drivers ,restart and install it again.I dont know what this means.I use a set top box with ntl.​

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.