Won't create a Partition

Discussion in 'Acronis Disk Director Suite' started by taylor24, Jun 28, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. taylor24

taylor24 Registered Member

Hi I have the full version of Disk Director Suite I hope I did not wasted $49.:( Anyways I have Windows XP Professional SP2 with 223.9GB NTFS free space left. But when I try to create a partition it won't let me. The C: drive is Active I try to make 95GB Partition I made it as a L:\ after I made a drive I did a primary drive. After I click on commit then it came up Warning! Reboot why it did not let me.:( Then when it reboots it dose show the Acronis screen it is creating the partition. After I login back into my XP Desktop I went to my computer my new drive was not there. :( Anyways what did I do wrong?

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello taylor24,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Partition and Disk Managing Software.

We can suggest you to create Acronis Bootable Rescue CD and try to perform the operation booting from it.

If you would like to resolve the issue with Acronis Disk Director Suite in Windows the please follow these instructions:

First of all, please download and install the latest build (2117) of Acronis Disk Director Suite 10.0 which is available at the Product Updates section at our web site.

To get access to updates you should create an account then log in and use your serial number to register your software.

If the issue remains with the latest build then please download the latest version of Acronis drivers, install it with disabled logging and see if the problem still persists.

If the problem still persists then enable logging by running the Acronis drivers installation package once again, reproduce the problem and collect the c:\snapapi.log file.

Please also do the following:

- Download and unpack the Device Tree application:
    - Run the application;
    - Completely unfold the \Driver\Disk and \Driver\FtDisk branches;
    - Move the margin to the right in order to see all the items;
    - Make a screen shot.

Please also create Acronis Report and Windows System Information as it is described in Acronis Help Post and submit a request for technical support. Attach all the collected files and information to your request along with the step-by-step description of the actions taken before the problem appears and the link to this thread. We will investigate the problem and try to provide you with the solution.

Thank you.
    --
    Kirill Omelchenko

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.