Build 3567 - Unnecessary Verification?

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by Menorcaman, Apr 23, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Menorcaman

Menorcaman Retired Moderator

If restoring the system partition/disk from within Windows and the default option is set to verify the image prior to restoration, then TI Build 3567 will verify the image prior to rebooting into the Linux recovery environment. After rebooting into the recovery environment, TI will again verify the image before commencing the actual restore. I believe this double verification is unnecessary and needlessly prolongs the restore process by roughly a third.

Perhaps Acronis could consider removing the first verification under Windows when restoring a system partition or, if that's too complicated, prevent the second verification after rebooting into the Linux recovery mode.

Regards

2. TheQuest

TheQuest Registered Member

Hi, Menorcaman

I sorry to disagree with your Idea, because I for one do no use Ti in Windows at any time, other then to make the Recovery BootCD [then I uninstall Ti, it has to many service and what not's running for my liking :eek:] So will need the verification choice on the BootCD.

Take Care,
    TheQuest :cool:

3. Menorcaman

Hi TheQuest,

Nice to hear from you again - it's been a while.

Apols if I didn't make myself clear. I'm not suggesting for one minute removal of the Verification capability from the bootable rescue CD or after booting via the F11 Startup Recovery Manager (SRM). I meant only after TI reboots into recovery mode if a system partition/disk restore was initiated from within Windows with the option set to verify an image prior to the restore.

Unlike previous builds, when Build 3567 reboots into the Linux recovery environment in order to restore a system partition/disk image, TI no longers enters the standard GUI that you get when booting via the CD or the SRM. It merely continues to restore the partition, using the settings provided whilst in Windows. Hence, if the verification option has been set, the image gets verified twice - prior to TI rebooting into Linux mode and then again immediately after the reboot, prior to automatically continuing the restore process.

Hopefully the above clarification doesn't cause further confusion :p :D.

Kind regards
    Tom

Last edited: Apr 25, 2006
  4. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello Tom,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

Please note that it is a known issue and our Development Team will fix it in the future builds of the software. Please accept our apologies for the current inconvenience.

Thank you.
    --
    Tatyana Tsyngaeva

5. Menorcaman

Hello Tatyana,

That's good to hear. Many thanks for that.

Best regards

Tom

6. TheQuest

TheQuest Registered Member

Hi, Menorcaman

Thanks, Yes it's as been a while. :), [been busy playing with Tiny's Firewall :ouch: o_O :'( :mad: o_O ]

For sure thank you for that, the confusion all mine because on not using the OS for BU's and RS's.

With many regards,
    Take Care,
    TheQuest :cool:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.