Buid 3567: Apparent debris in registry from earlier builds

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by Howard Kaikow, Apr 21, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Howard Kaikow

Howard Kaikow Registered Member

When uninstall build 2337, and remove the Acronis Device Driver, and then installing build 3567, there does appear to br debris left in the registry from build 2337.

For example, the registry contains both:

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Acronis\TrueImageHome]

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Acronis\TrueImage]

How's about supplying a prog to delete the debris, and, verify that the uninstall removes all such debris, as does future installs.

2. thebigdintx

thebigdintx Registered Member

after i remove this or any program, i always go back in under regedit and delete any left over pieces i can find. it seems a lot of software leaves stuff behind on an uninstall.

3. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello Howard and everyone interested,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

Please accept our apologies for the delay with the response.

Please be aware that this issue is already known. After you install build 3567, please feel free to delete HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Acronis\TrueImage branch completely by right-clicking on it and choosing Delete option from a drop-down menu as this registry key is related to the older version and not needed any more. We are really sorry for your inconveniences. There will be no such problem upon the installation of the future Acronis True Image 9.0 Home builds (higher than 3567).

Thank you.
    --
    Alexey Popov

4. Howard Kaikow

Howard Kaikow Registered Member

Sure, but a more appropriate response is to release a program/script that does this cleanup.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.