how do you make bootable DVD...

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by tanviper, Apr 2, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tanviper

tanviper Registered Member

I just installed this software,( True Image 9 home edition) and already I'm a little confused. I'm trying to make a bootable DVD that I can use to completely restore my computer with if something where to happen.

How do I do this? The only options I can find (for backing up a hard drive) is to dump a image onto another drive, something I don't want to do. I want to burn my newly reload image onto a DVD and forget about it until I need to reload my computer.

Last edited: Apr 2, 2006
  2. WSFuser

WSFuser Registered Member

3. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello tanviper,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

I'm afraid that Acronis True Image 9.0 doesn’t write to DVD directly, instead it utilizes third party UDF packet DVD writing software. Please read more information on how to burn your images to DVD in this FAQ article.

Please also note that the ability to write images to DVD directly will be implemented in the future builds\versions of a particular product, but exact time frame is not decided yet.

As WSFuser mentioned you can follow the instructions in this thread provided by wdormann to create bootable rescue DVD that also contains image archives.

Please note that using Acronis True Image 9.0 you will be able to create Bootable Rescue Media (CD, a pack of floppies or a flash card). If your system fails you will just need to boot from the rescue media and restore the system. The boot CD from which you loaded the program does not keep you from using other CD/DVD discs with backups. Acronis True Image is loaded entirely into RAM, so you can remove the bootable CD to insert the archive disk.

Thank you.
    --
    Aleksandr Isakov

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.