Cookie Muncher

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by aka:snowman, Feb 13, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. aka:snowman

aka:snowman Former Poster

This is an oldie but a goodie.......NOT FOR XP !!!

For: 98/NT/ME/2000 O N L Y !!

Cookie Muncher "eats" a cookie as soon as it arrives. Support for keeping some cookies (IE engines only) by setting the file attribute of the cookies you want to keep to read-only. Now shows your IP address on the pop-up menu. Supports AOL and can be customized to work with any browser that uses the IE engine. Also works with Netscape and Opera.

http://www.snapfiles.com/get/cookiemunch.html

What this program does is "FOOL" a Cookie....it accepts a Cookie but immediately "eats" the Cookie completely DENIEING IT ACCESS TO THE HARDDRIVE............yes, you can login into any website just as you normally would....but with the exception that NOW YOU CONTROL THE COOKIES...instead of the Cookies controling you......

Considering the major exploits recently coming to light regarding the exploiting of cookies............a person with the correct operating system (98/NT/ME/2000) should seriously consider the use of this program.

This is an "old school" program that actually works. In the past there has been a rare post about resource useage.....but this has never been verified................you are the best judge of that.

REMEMBER>>>>NOT FOR XP

2. aka:snowman

aka:snowman Former Poster

Just a quick comment........

For those who are not awear of this.......Cookie Muncher is a one of a kind program.......to my knowledge there is none else like it......its very difficult to locate an was surprised to fine it at snapfiles.......can only guess as to how long it will be listed there.......

for anyone truely interest in computer security an having the correct operating system......this would be a good program for Cookie protection......login to a website.....use the website as you normally would..but without actually having a Cookie install on your computer....now thats nice!

REMEMBER: not for XP

3. lotuseclat79

lotuseclat79 Registered Member

Hi aka:snowman,

Its obvious that the date at snapfiles (July 11, 2001) indicates this as a pre-XP program, but has anyone on an XP machine tried running it in compatibility mode, and did it work?

If it hasn't been tried, who knows - it might work, and just because its advertised without XP, doesn't necessarily mean it won't work on an XP computer until it is actually tested and proven not to work due to some as yet unknown problem (only because no one has tested it).

If it runs on NT and 2k, I don't see why it wouldn't work on XP - after all, XP is just NTv5.x or something like that, i.e. Windows XP SP2 (WinNT 5.01.2600) is the PLATFORM string extracted from a HijackThis log.

-- Tom

4. Rasheed187

Rasheed187 Registered Member

I have tested this program a while back, and it actually seemed to work, can others confirm this? And strange that not a lot of security tools are offering this. :rolleyes:

5. Rasheed187

No one is interested in this tool? So no one cares about cookies I guess? :ninja:

6. WSFuser

WSFuser Registered Member

for IE, i dont care about cookies and for Firefox, i use cookie button.

besides i thought this utility wasnt for XP.

7. Rasheed187

Actually I'm not that worried about cookies either, I just thought that it was an interesting tool and wanted some opinions about it. Btw it does work on XP also. ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.