new Anti Keylogger

Discussion in 'other anti-trojan software' started by TECHWG, Jan 23, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TECHWG

TECHWG Guest

2. the Tester

the Tester Registered Member

Isn't $59.95 a bit pricey?

3. TECHWG

TECHWG Guest

maybe, but the guy keeps updating it and adding extra protections ..

Pluss he says you get all future updates free.

i tested it on some keyloggers i had and it passed on every one.
    I need a kernel keylogger so i can test that. has anyone got one?

4. Arup

Arup Guest

Its on the pricey side but it works well and the lifetime upgrade offer is truly an enticement, it detected almost all major keyloggers I could throw at it.

5. TECHWG

TECHWG Guest

i tried lots of freeware and shareware keyloggers and i could not find one that slipped through. It seems quite tight. i found elite keylogger which is a kernel based keylogger and it stopped that nicely.

6. Could you list the loggers you tested? And which failed? Thx.

7. TECHWG

TECHWG Guest

well i dont know about arup, but the ones i tried were:
    Powered Keylogger
    Perfect Keylogger
    Ghost Keylogger
    ELITE Keylogger
    handy Keylogger
    and another i cant remember i think

ake passed with flying colours . . (for me at least)

8. ErikAlbert

ErikAlbert Registered Member

The price is at this very moment : $47.96

9. Carver

Carver Guest

10. TECHWG

TECHWG Guest

Well you find me a freeware program that can stop kernel keyloggers, user mode keyloggers we well as clipboard and password thief protections? SHow me a direct link and i will test it and report back here.

If you dont know a product to do this then dont mention a generic freeware site with a few below average programs on it to bash someones product.

11. TECHWG

TECHWG Guest

Most if not all of the freeware i have seen deals with "we can now detect ELITE Keylogger now" they only detect THAT keylogger by detecting what it does to the system. and other freeware can stop hook based keyloggers very well, but if someone knows what they are doing they will never EVER use one of those. Proffessional people spying on you will use the best they can get eg driver/kernel based loggers. freeware does not make money. when people charge for their software they dedicate them self to make the best they can make. i am sure this guy is no exception since i personally emailed him on a slight bug a few weeks ago and he fixed it within about 8 hours from my email. You find this from a freeware release by a person doing programming in their spear time and you will see the difference in quality and efficiancy. some freeware is good Yes i agree. But where antikeylogging is concerned it does not seem to be the case. as with all the software on that generic site you threw up i have tested them and most if not all are not anywhere as advanced as this AKE or Anti-Keylogger. If someone finds a better program than AKE i may switch to it. At least i will test it and report my findings on this forum. So i invite you to do some research on what you are saying before you idelly post a link saying look here for freeware.

WG

12. Carver

Carver Guest

I wasn't bashing the product, I was just Pointing out they're freeware alternatives. On that site they're are shareware products too.

13. hollywoodpc

hollywoodpc Registered Member

The free do not matter anyway . They do but , you want better ? Buy one for less . Sorry but , their price is very high based on what you are paying for . Thank goodness some people know better than to pay that kind of money for the same protection you can receive from other shareware programs that cost alot less .
    OUCH

14. TECHWG

TECHWG Guest

Firstly Congrats Mr Hollywood on being lucky 1000 poster.

But you get what you payfor.
    I have ben watching this program for sometime. I have seen this program go through hook based only all the way to kernel keylogger protection (which is when i start to become interested in a anti keylogger). this guy keeps adding and adding. now compare AKE with the best ever - Privacy Keyboard. they are already there and dont do many updates and are only now starting to work on detecting ELITE Keylogger types of logger. Ake already detects those keyloggers that use rootkit type protections on them. I would rather spend my money on a program thats being constantly updated and updated so i get more than my moneys worth. the other big software companies dont do that much when they got their "money maker" i spoke with the guys from Anti-Keylogger and they were all like "Sir we are working on stoping ELITE Keylogger but it wont be out for s few versions"... You do the same with this guy from ake and he works it out until he finishes what hes trying to do.

Thats the difference - Buy Alba and get a crap product - buy Panasonic and get quality and latest inventions . . .

15. hollywoodpc

Thank you tech guy .
    I bow to your logic . It certainly means alot to have a developer like this person you speak of . Hard to find that . I am sure it is a good product AND continues to get better . Point is though that there are other options that will keep you safe for far less money . How good a product is should be priority one . However , the price should be inline with others of the genre' . I am only thinking that the price may inhibit his growth potential . I am sure it is a good product and congrats on finding such a good developer :)

16. hgwells

hgwells Guest

RootkitRevealer along with Snoopfree would detect nearly every keylogger available, kernel and hooks based, and all for free. Blacklight beta will also detect nearly every commercial kernel based keylogger around, another freebie.

There aren't really too many other completely free programs around that will detect kernel based keyloggers to my knowledge. But I do know UnHackme will also detect and remove kernel based keyloggers. There is a limited free version of that too. The free version of SpywareDoctor also dectects a huge amount of keyloggers also. There are a few others programs around that do the same.

But with all the HIPS type programs available (many free) that can block keyloggers and other anti-spyware programs around, I doubt anyone would really need a product like Anti-Keylogger Elite, at least I don't. But If I was to drop nearly $50 on an anti-malware program, I would go for something that covers more than just keylogger detection. I would rather invest my hard earned cash in a decent HIPS or anti-malware program that I know of and can trust as well. ;)

17. TECHWG

TECHWG Guest

keyloggers liek ELITE keylogger are very tricky and elude most programs designed to catch or block keyloggers. and i agree freeware can do, but freeware can only do so much before you have a freeware program to block hooks and 3 freeware programs to detect rootkits and a freeware program to detect this and that. I am here telling you about a product that in my view is very good since hes commited to developement. If you think the price is too much i suggest you all email him with a good price. He might change it if its good enbough you never know . . But i have tested it and i really like it and spent my hard cash on a good thing. I would like it for some of you more PRO evaluators to check it out and give us your results in the forum and compare it with others. My opinion is the only sopftware that is equal or better is PrivacyKeyboard. thats it. But if you guys know anything better please tell me.

Thanks WG

18. hgwells

hgwells Guest

You only really need 2 free programs to detect keyloggers, as I already posted. 1 being RootkitRevealer and the 2nd Snoopfree. With both of these free programs you will be able to detect at least as many keyloggers as Anti-keylogger Elite. But it is a wise person who does have 3 or 4 (or more) programs to detect, remove and block keyloggers IMO.

There's no way I would choose to pay $50 for an anti-keylogger that I know nothing about, nor does anyone else it seems, and has absolutely no track record of any kind, when I can get many free and probably better programs to detect and remove keyloggers than what your trying to sell us here. But I see you attempted it once before and got basically shotdown then too. https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=94734&page=11&highlight=keylogger

I think it's one thing to just make a post about an anti-keylogger that you like and leave it at that or maybe respond to others who may have questions about the anti-keylogger in question, but when you just act so insistent others try your product it's painfully obvious your trying to sell us something, as the other poster mentioned in that other keylogger thread.

My advice to others is avoid this program. It really doesn't seem to do much more, if anything, than the quality free anti-keylogger programs available. Not to mention the many other quality payware (and some free) HIPS and anti-malware programs mentioned on these forums that can block keyloggers probably even better than this program. ProcessGuard alone sounds like a much more useful program than this one and it will block keylogger installs and a lot more too. This guy TECHWG just seems too pushy for others to buy his program, that alone throws up a red flag right away IMHO.

19. hollywoodpc

SafePC is a great alternative as well . It costs money but , gives you alot for the money .

20. Kernel keyloggers sound so scary...

But if you use one of those programs free and pay that block kernel installs, isn't that good enough?

Except maybe if you are tricked into installing them.

21. TECHWG

TECHWG Guest

AS i said in my previous thread, i am drawing attention to a security product that has not been seen or publicly reviewed yet. I am giving you the opertunity to see the product and test it. This forum is about what security products are available and are best - NOT if "you" can afford them today or not - So if you never heard about it as you said, why dont you use the trial period to test it as i did way back when. and i have waited until it was cablabel to stop kernel keyloggers. So instead of "Countering my post with free suggestions" why dont you people test it and report back? I dont understand why you are purpously countering my post. Just download it and test it and let us all know what you people know about it when your done. Ask your self this question - AM i wrong - ? i tried to get through to the thick people before in that old post i made but i guess people just dont get the security game. Why download Windows longhorn/vista to test it and see how good it is when you can just use linux free anyway - That seems to be most peoples attitude on this forum. I wish people would engage brain before typie on the keyboard . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .:blink:

22. TECHWG

TECHWG Guest

Directed at Mr hgwells

Not to anyone else . . .

Shot down "TOO?" are you trying to shoot me down and join the band waggon Mr Wells ? People like you are the reason technology improvement gets hampered. Why use shaving gell when you can use standard foam and it costs 12 cents less . . . My god - Please. . .

23. TECHWG

TECHWG Guest

SafePC has an inbuild anti-keylogger module, which prevent keylogger from hooking your keyboard to capture all keyboard input.

Hook . . . Not Kernel

24. Mikkey

Mikkey Guest

Just out of interest, how many Keyloggers have you had on your system? I mean you make it sound like keyloggers are as common as spyware or viruses. I've never encountered one in four years of surfing the net. Aren't you using something that is expensive and pretty much going to be detecting nothing? Spend the money on a decent HIPS and it won't be needed. You think every site you visit downloads a Keylogger? I've been using Spycop for three years and it's detected zippo. Just goes to show i wasted my money. Keyloggers are uncommon. I've got a HIPS and that will take care of them.

M.

25. TECHWG

TECHWG Guest

ok. What is better? if someone breaks into your house, makes loads of noise so you can find them and stop them , Or someone who taps your phone and you have no idea and they steal your credit card details. . . . It may not happen to you but IF it does you are Royally screwed. I rather protect my self from these types of threats

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.