winlogon.exe

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by bathisland, Dec 16, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bathisland

bathisland Registered Member

I am not sure if this the right forum but here it goes anyway. Please feel free to move to the right forum.

I am very very curious. Why is it that at times winlogon.exe is only using 6344K of my memory and at other times it jumps up to as high as 34000K and stays there unless i reboot. Does this mean anything? If I restart my laptop, it jumps back down to low levels.

My specs are HP laptop, centrino 1.7, 1 gig RAM running WinXP Pro sp2, Nod32, MSAS, Kaspersky Anti-Hacker (all updated)

TIA.

2. hadi

hadi Guest

Hi
    I had a similar problem with nod32krn.exe shooting up to 64Mb. this thing some times happens for no apparent reason. No need to reboot. use this Microsoft official tool "clearmem.exe"
    Put clearmem.exe in your c :windows/system32 directory, then go to Start -> run and type clearmem>click ok>wait.
    dowmload (9 Kb when unzipped)
    Removed direct download link

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 16, 2005
  3. bathisland

bathisland Registered Member

Thanks for the tip. I located the file on the web and will give it a try when my winlogon starts acting funny again.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.