Will anti-rookit programs detect Sony rootkit?

Discussion in 'other anti-trojan software' started by 8 1 4 ( |< |-| 4 7, Nov 7, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Does anyone know if anti-rookit programs like Unhackme, Blacklight beta and IceSword will detect and remove the new Sony rootkit that has been making the news as of late? Thx.

2. controler

controler Guest

If you can direct me to a download I will check it out for you.

I will test it with Processguard 3.2, KIS proactive defence, and unHackMe Pro beta

controler

3. mrhero

mrhero Registered Member

4. controler

controler Guest

Big name like Sony will fight their way out and blame it all on First 4 Internet.

Ya know this is all very wierd. Why would a large company like Sony try such a stupid move in with todays people's rights movements goin on?
    Do they think we are stupid? Duh?

Even the security software makers know better. Do not use any software to verify your programs that is "under the covers"

controler

5. Joliet Jake

Joliet Jake Registered Member

Didn't Mark Russinovich discover Sony's rootkit with his own Rootkit revealer?

6. Tom772

Tom772 Guest

Short answer is yes, but if use the Sony Removal Tool to update this thing you will be able to see it and then hopefully delete it.

T

7. icesword

icesword Guest

icesword will find too.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.