PG & Antihook

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by Reve_Etrange, Nov 5, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Reve_Etrange

Reve_Etrange Registered Member

Are these 2 products essentially doing the same job? How do they compare today? What are the pros and cons?

-RE

2. james246

james246 Registered Member

Yes the paid version of PG is similar to Antihook (free for home users). I prefer using PG 3.150 to AH 2.5 however new versions for both are due out soon - so who knows which version will be better then.
    It seems that the respective teams for both these programs are being somewhat coy as to what is under the hood for their respective next release. Both of these programs are at the top of the Premier League when it comes to PC protection and the future competion between them is likely to be strong.

3. hmmmm

hmmmm Guest

I don't see how you can really compare them. AH currently has more protection than PG, but AH is completely free.

4. Reve_Etrange

Reve_Etrange Registered Member

Does it make sense to say that PG is more mature?
    I've also heard that AH requires more user interaction, which can become annoying eventually. Is that correct?
    Any ETA for the next release of PG?

-RE

5. TouchuvGrey

TouchuvGrey Registered Member

I had both on one of my computers for a short time. It seemed like every time that i opened or closed a program AntiHook would try to modify it and PG would stop it from doing so. I asked about that in another thread in this forum and was told: "It is probably the injection of a module for the extra security"
    https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=104767&highlight=antihook
    I was also told in another post there that they likely would not play well together. I like PG, and have AH free on another machine now.

Mike

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.