incompatable prog installed

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by allison, Oct 29, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. allison

allison Registered Member

nembie need urgent help.

hi all new member here so i am not sure if i am posting in the right forum even.

But here goes anyway...i purchased panda titanium 2006 online last nite, i downloaded and all seemed well till i tried installing it.

I got the message ...incompatable prog installed on this pc which will not allow panda to install.

the name of thr prog is bit defender antivirus?

i ahve searched my pc for same prog but cannot find it anywhere,,at this stage i am pulling my hair out.....any advice from you teckie people would be greatly appreciated. thanks in advance Allison.

2. The Hammer

The Hammer Registered Member

Re: nembie need urgent help.

I take it you haven't used Bitdefender in the past at all, not even the online scanner?

3. hollywoodpc

hollywoodpc Registered Member

Hello Allison and WELCOME .
    First of all , you have two antivirus programs installed now . Guess you know that . The easiest thing to try first is to go to the search area and search for anything associated with Bit Defender . Then you can reboot and see what happens . If that does not work for you , come back and tell us what you found , if anything , and we will go from there .

4. bigc73542

bigc73542 Retired Moderator

Take a peek in your program files, sometimes a system search will not detect a program folder in program files but Panda install program will see it and refuse install until it is removed. Panda does not play all that well with other av's.

5. allison

Thanks all for suggestions, i have tried all that to no avail. can i try something in safe mode maybe? the panda helpline is is a disaster.

6. Don Pelotas

Don Pelotas Registered Member

Has BiDefender ever been installed? If yes, what version?

7. allison

Yes Don........a long time ago i tried it of a freebie cd, but as to what version it was i dont know. i tried downloading bit defender 8, and then uninstalling it to see if that would would solve the problem but alas no.

8. Don Pelotas

Don Pelotas Registered Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.