Conflict with Online Armor

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by KDNeese, Dec 7, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KDNeese

KDNeese Registered Member

I have been trying to install Online Armor and have been unable to do so, as for some reason NOD32 detects the install files as threats and prevents the installation. In AMON I have the "Prohibit Access and show alert window with action options" checked, but NOD32 is not giving me any option to ignore. This very frustrating, as I cannot install the new version of my security program. I don't understand why the alert screen options are greyed out even after specifying that options be provided. Even adding file exclusions does no good. I really need to get my program installed, but would like to do it without limiting NOD32's capabilities. I know I could disable NOD32 during install (although the install says I should leave my AV running), but am afraid of conflicts during the reboot if NOD32 detects the programs other files as malware. Is anyone aware of any workarounds regarding installation issues of this type? I've also posted at the OA forum, but I know there are people at this forum very skilled with NOD32 and might be of some help. Any suggestions from people more technical than myself would be appreciated.

2. NOD32 user

NOD32 user Registered Member

Assuming that there is no real threat in the copy of Online Armor setup you are using, have you tried clearing the checkbox labled 'Move newly created infected files to Quarantine' just temporarily while you install?

Also, any suspected false positives or negatives should be sent to ESET for analysis as directed in this thread.

Cheers :)

3. KDNeese

Actually I was able to work around the problem by disabling AMON, installing the program, then adding the program folder to the exceptions. From perusing the Online Armor forums, apparently they are aware of this conflict with NOD32. However, I don't know if they have been in contact with the Eset developers regarding the issue. Also, they weren't aware of how to solve my problem, so I came here where people actually use NOD and know its quirks. Most of the files NOD was blocking were installation TEMP files, so am not able to submit them. NOD doesn't flag the EXE setup program itself - just started doing it's thing after I tried running the setup. They seem to be playing nice together now.

4. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

I haven't had any problems installing Online Armor with AMON enabled. Make sure you're using the most current version 1906.

5. 800ster

800ster Registered Member

As I understand it, from the OA forums, released versions of OA should not cause a false positive but beta versions will. The OA people did not want to have to get Eset to update their definitions for every beta release - the workaround is as you say to disable Amon for the install: There is no issue after installation.

I assume you are using the beta version?

6. MikeNash

MikeNash Security Expert

Exactly right. We've reported FP's to ESET before and they fix them promptly.

We don't want to cause them hassles and unnecessary work for versions that will never get released, so we'll report it when OA 2 is ready to go gold if there is still an issue.

7. Old Monk

Old Monk Registered Member

Hi Mike

Oops :oops:

Just run the install of the beta with AMON disabled as suggested but thought that the oasrv.exe only needed excluding from the scanner which I was going to do later. Didn't realize that AMON would detect it on start up which it duly did. :blink:

Couldn't find a way of stopping NOD from nagging to submit the file so unfortnately it's been sent.

Apologies to the NOD team for that. Ignore it !

8. KDNeese

Yes, I am using the beta version. There is one issue after installation that I have found, and that is when NOD is started and scanning memory. It warns me about OA operating in memory, but at least gives me the option to leave it alone. I have gone into every profile and changed my settings to "Prompt for an action" so it doesn't just do ahead and start deleting things on its own. Also, I put the entire OA program file folder in NOD's exceptions. At the moment, OA and NOD are working nicely together.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.