VPN Guidance Needed For A Complete Newbie

Discussion in 'privacy technology' started by KM360, Nov 29, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KM360

KM360 Registered Member

Hi everyone!

Brand new to this forum, so I apologize if this isn't the right place to ask. I just found this site via google while looking for info on my current vpn, Ivacy, and why they've completely fallen apart over the past week.

Ive been with Ivacy for about a year now, I think, and always been happy since my needs are very basic. I especially like their software which allows me to leave my internet connection as a whole alone and route only programs I select through their vpn.

Anyway about a week ago I noticed on their Ivacy Monitor software that my plan had switched from unlimited to volume based. I went to their website and found that overnight it had changed completely, the forums gone, the links no longer active, all the payment plans changed and "make a payment" buttons dead. My vpn connection, however, is working just fine.

Support has never been an option with Ivacy, as long as Ive used it there has never been a way to receive help, but it didnt matter because I didnt need one. The only option is to "post a message to support" which never gets answered (my initial ones from a year ago still havent been answered)

SO, assuming Ivacy is dead in the water, I need to select another vpn but I'm hoping someone here knows of one with an option like Ivacy's, to route only specific traffic through vpn while keeping the thrust of my connection as-is, such as having mIRC and firefox run through the vpn and everything else untouched.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, and again I apologize if this post is in the wrong place!

2. mirimir

mirimir Registered Member

3. DasFox

DasFox Registered Member

No 'Contact' information on the website, don't answer support questions for help, this is really pathetic!

Make sure we chalk this one up as a VPN to steer far away from!

IVACY you get the 5 thumbs down award! :thumbd: :thumbd: :thumbd: :thumbd: :thumbd:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.