License Activation difficult for non UK people

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security' started by Geraner, Aug 21, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Geraner

Geraner Registered Member

Hi,

I bout a 3-user license of ESS from Amazon.co.uk.
    They even delivery to Sweden, where I live. No problm. Got the packaged with ESS inside within a week.

On the manual inside the ESS box, was the Serial Number written.
    So I went to the UK ESET homepage to activate my license and to get the username and password.
    http://www.eset.co.uk/activate

Filled in all data, Selected "Sweden" as country, entered my adress and postcode, e-mail and so on. But when I pressed enter, ESET.co.uk did not accept my address. Maybe because it was not a UK address. :eek:
    I don't know which postcodes are existing in UK and so on.

So I went to the Swedish ESET distributors homepage to register there. But after entering the information I got the message "Serial Number incorrect". :eek:

So I made a third try and went to the USA homepage for ESET. But got the same there, Serial-Number is not valid. :eek:

What I finally had to do was, I went out on google and searched for "postcodes london" and found the homepage Londontown.com. On this homepage I found the postcode "SW1A 0RS" which was working on ESET.co.uk. Entering this postcode in the activation homepage and got a road I could select. Picked this road and completed the rest of the Activation form. A new window comes up where I had to write the reseller. I wrote "Amazon" and could select the Amazon-Shop from a list.
    First now I could activate the license and got the username and password via E-mail.

Unbelievable which difficult procedure!
    The swedish ESET distributor don't ask for the whole homeadress when registering a license. But they didn't accept the serial number from the ESS product bought via Amazon.co.uk.

Can anyone address this to the ESET support?

Why has it to be so difficult to activate a license. - Ok I saved a lot of money buying the license via Amazon compared to buying it via the ESET homepage, but anyway I don't like the procedure which I was required to do to get my UK ESET License activated.

2. Rmuffler

Rmuffler Former Eset Moderator

Hello Geraner,

Is your license under a street address in London that is not yours? If so, we highly recommend contacting support@eset.co.uk to have your registration information corrected. Our resellers are designated to selling and providing support to those buyers in their regions which is why customers and potential customers should purchase from their local reseller.

Thank you,
    Richard

3. Geraner

I have contacted ESET UK now to correct this information.
    Thanks for your answer.

4. Geraner

Have been in contact with ESET UK and they helped me out. Thanks!

Anyway, I want to inform all of you about there statement.
    I can't understand why ESET has this strategi of selling there products. We are living in year 2010 in an international world. Why limiting the selling and activiation in that way?

Last year when I bought Kaspersky IS at Amazon.co the there licensecode is international. No matter where you buy the product, the code it allows you to validate your license and use the product for 12 months.

5. volvic

volvic Registered Member

IT IS A DISGUSTING PROCEDURE. YOU ARE RIGHT ABOUT KASPERSKY. SHAME IT IS BLOATWARE.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.