Upgraded Win7 RC to RTM - LnS2.07 Activation & Network Adapter issues...

Discussion in 'LnS English Forum' started by LonkNY, Oct 4, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LonkNY

LonkNY Registered Member

I recently upgraded from Windows 7 RC to RTM (build 7600). My LookNStop 2.06p4 was not working after the upgrade completed (it was working great before the upgrade), and I noticed that the "Network Interfaces" window was empty on the Options page, as well as on the Welcome page the "Connected" box was not checked, and my "IP Address" was showing 0.0.0.0 (my IP has always been statically set without issue - I have 2 NIC's and the second NIC is disabled; I tried enabling to no avail).

I visited this (very helpful) forum and noticed that 2.07 beta was available, so I installed it. After rebooting, I then noticed that on the "Register" page, it said "You are registered but your license is not activated yet. Activate your license with the button just above to access all Look 'n' Stop Firewall features." This also could have been the case while running 2.06p4 after the RTM upgrade - I'm not sure... I enter my (legit!) Email & Serial Number and hit Activate, but the boxes clear out immediately, and go back to blank boxes. I am unable to Activate this installation of LnS...

Please let me know what I can do to activate this installation of LnS, and if the activation works, will the "Connected" empty checkbox and "Network Adapters" blank window issues resolve themselves automatically? If not, what can I do to resolve these issues? Any help is greatly appreciated! Thanks.

Best regards,
    LonkNY

2. Frederic

Frederic LnS Developer

Hi,

It seems you also contacted the support through the web form.
    Could you confirm you received an answer from there ?

When upgrading Windows, some drivers are no longer installed, and they require to be installed again.
    To do so, you have to uninstall and re-install Look 'n' Stop.

Regards,

Frederic

3. LonkNY

LonkNY Registered Member

Thanks, yes - I also contacted LnS support directly. They gave me some ideas (including reinstalling, which I tried but will follow their steps exactly including uninstalling, rebooting, reinstalling, rebooting) - I will let you know how it goes when I give it a try tonight... thanks!

Regarding the activation issue - this was apparently due to an issue on the LnS activation servers so hopefully it will work now as well.

Thanks,
    LonkNY

4. LonkNY

LonkNY Registered Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.