Nod32 Beta 4 License Expiration?

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus v4 Beta Forum' started by Qualze, Feb 16, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Qualze

Qualze Registered Member

My Beta 4 of Nod32 says it will expire on March 2.
    Is the beta period over then?
    Or will there be a way to extend the beta license?

2. philby

philby Registered Member

I'd be interested in knowing about this too.

The eye turned orange this morning , telling me I have only a few days left (can't remember, but I think 14).

I've been using the beta username/password, but also have an existing paid ESS license until 2011.

Should i just re-install the beta and continue using the beta username/password to kill the orange eye and ensure updates?

I assume the procedure will be the same for both NOD32 and ESS betas.

Thanks in advance.

philby

Last edited: Feb 16, 2009
  3. cryon

cryon Registered Member

4. philby

philby Registered Member

Thanks Cryon.

My paid license details don't work with ESS 4 - this is why I need to know what to do to stay with the beta but kill the orange eye.

Is V4 just going to stop working in two weeks, or will there be a new beta that works with updv4 / upd4test so that there's no need to roll back to V3?

philby

5. elapsed

elapsed Registered Member

Remember that ESET can automatically extend licenses when they want, if there is no beta by then I'm pretty sure it will be extended.

6. philby

philby Registered Member

Ok- thanks for that.

philby

7. dannyboy

dannyboy Registered Member

Note to developers - when the message 'licence expires in 14 days - click here to purchase or here to change licence details' appears, neither of the orange ''here'' hyperlinks work.

8. elapsed

They will not work as there is no real license to renew. They will work when it goes live.

9. denis

denis Registered Member

It is a beta, 14 days . Next time, there is an update, be happy.:D or not.

10. Capp

Capp Registered Member

We are gearing up for the release of v4 in the very near future, so that might explain the messages about the end of the beta run.

HTH

11. Ryster

Ryster Registered Member

After only one Beta build? I would've expected to see at least a release candidate build to be made available before the final?

p.s. I'm new here... hello! :) Might it be time to get rid of the Christmas themed header? :ninja:

12. pegr

pegr Registered Member

I had the same problem this morning with expiry due in 14 days time and the eye turning orange. I tried going into 'Username and Password setup' within the Update tab and re-entering the beta password of 'upd4test' and it worked. The eye turned green again without having to reinstall the beta.

This has caused the expiry date to be removed for the moment, but I don't know whether this is temporary or permanent. All I can say for sure is that the eye is green at the moment and has remained so all day today, and NOD32 is continuing to automatically update its definitions.

EDIT: The eye stayed green until the next definition update then turned orange, again displaying an expiry date of 2nd March, so this isn't a solution. I must have been wrong when I thought it had been updating automatically without turning orange again. Hope ESET release a new beta shortly, or at least enable the expiry date of the current beta to be extended.

13. ugly

ugly Registered Member

How about an ESET statement about this.o_O :ninja: :blink:

14. DooGie

DooGie Registered Member

I agree as I really don't want to switch back to version 3. However its hardly a huge deal if we do have to do just that.

Something tells me that won't happen though and an update is coming very soon :)

15. prius04

prius04 Registered Member

Well, that didn't work for me; re-entered the p/w but the eye is still orange.

I hope I don't have to switch back to version 3 because (a) I'd have dig out my account information and (b) I'm pretty sure the v3 license I bought for the PC on which the beta is installed expires at around the same time as the beta (definitely sometime in March, anyway).

I was hoping the beta would not expire before I could purchase a license for v4.

16. SBMongoos

SBMongoos Registered Member

Huge deal for me as ESS v3 causes my PC to reboot. Prefer ESS over Nod32. ESS v4 Beta works fine. Tried using my v3 license with the beta but that does not work. Earlier, at some point, the eye went from orange to green. But after another update today it went back to orange.

I haven't had my license for v3 very long and wonder if I will be able to use it when v4 is released. I'm guessing I'm stuck having to use NOD32 or switch to another security suite.

17. elapsed

Licenses aren't restricted to version, you can use any version.

18. SBMongoos

What's the Password to go along with the Username: updv4 it case it screws up when I try it.

19. pegr

pegr Registered Member

I think it's 'upd4test'.

20. IceDogg

IceDogg Registered Member

I didn't do anything and it just turned green on it's own, so they fixed it (updated the expire date or whatever).

21. denis

denis Registered Member

15 days more.:-*

22. tosbsas

tosbsas Registered Member

hm still orange here - 3861 update

Ruben

23. philby

philby Registered Member

Here too. Tinkering with beta/paid usernames/passwords makes no difference.

Minor annoyance but would be good if Eset dropped a comment.

philby

24. SBMongoos

Thanks. My user/pwd from a valid license did take. I'm at 3859 (just after booting up). I'm green and was after I entered my user/pwd last night.

25. DooGie

DooGie Registered Member

Mine has just turned green again and is showing a license valid until 17/03/2009 date.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.