Superantispyware Free is new always better?

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by bahjan, May 27, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SUPERAntiSpy

SUPERAntiSpy Developer

The Pause seems to work fine in all modes on all of our test systems and we haven't had any reports of it not working - is it still not working on your system?

2. Firebytes

Firebytes Registered Member

Anyone know why SuperAntispyware's ssupdate.exe is stored in a temp folder? Just curious.

3. SUPERAntiSpy

SUPERAntiSpy Developer

It is copied to the temp folder so the updater can update itself without requiring any special permissions and not requiring a reboot.

4. Firebytes

Firebytes Registered Member

Thanks for the quick reply. Does that mean if I emptied the temp folder though that it could not update anymore?

SAS:thumb:

5. duke1959

duke1959 Very Frequent Poster

The pause button definitely didn't work on the very first scan I did which was a Quick Scan. However it did work when I used the Complete Scan after that. I'm not on my Home PC at the moment to see if maybe this was some kind of temporary glitch, (if that's possible) but I'll try again over the weekend and post my findings. Thanks for your concern.

6. SUPERAntiSpy

SUPERAntiSpy Developer

The updater is copied there each time and update check it done, so you can empty the temp folder at any time.

7. duke1959

duke1959 Very Frequent Poster

Hey Nick I paused the Quick Scan with no problem. I know I'm getting older, but I swear SAS wouldn't pause after install and first Quick Scan. It does now, but is it at all possible that by then doing a Complete Scan and pausing it, that this could have somehow straightened everything out. I know I'm getting older, but I swear SAS wouldn't pause after install and first Quick Scan. Oh wait I already said that didn't I? LOL.

8. SUPERAntiSpy

SUPERAntiSpy Developer

Not sure what happened the first time, as I said, we have not had any reports of this - if there are issues, believe me, we hear about them :) Let me know if it happens again.

9. fce

fce Registered Member

i have clean vista install.

i installed NOD32, works fine.

installed Comodo Firewall Pro Ver.3, works great!

After installing SAS Pro, BSOD! I'll wait for stable SAS program.

10. EliteKiller

EliteKiller Registered Member

Isn't that Alpha right now?

It sounds like your pc is unstable.

11. SUPERAntiSpy

SUPERAntiSpy Developer

Have you tried it with Comodo not running/installed? We have thousands of users running NOD32 + SAS with no issues. What was the exact BSOD?

12. disinter1

disinter1 Guest

Well, I am one of those users who had Nod32, Comodo, and SAS Pro running realtime and my computer was prob the fastest it's ever been, that's the honest truth!:D

13. fce

fce Registered Member

http://forums.superantispyware.com/viewtopic.php?t=731&start=15

i posted my problem in your SAS forum.

other techie here can check that link and please give me some suggestion/solution.

ty.

14. SUPERAntiSpy

SUPERAntiSpy Developer

15. fce

fce Registered Member

I've just got a note from our developers:
    He left his onaccess scan activated. The BSOD occured within amon.sys which is the file system filter driver of NOD32. He should either contact ESET or deactivate NOD32 completely before scanning. - A Squared

i send e-mail to A-Squared yesterday regarding my BSOD problem with ASquared and received their email today....i follow their advise and no more BSOD.

I don't know if the same case with SAS, i send question from your support group and to your forum for more than a week but i cant get good answer. :'(

16. SUPERAntiSpy

SUPERAntiSpy Developer

We have been responding to you asking you to eliminate the other software to see if the problem still happened - which you did not seem to want to do - but you followed A-Squared's advice on removing the NOD32 driver - it is likely the cause of the BSOD and has nothing to do with SUPERAntiSpware, nor A-Squared. You also did not inform us where the crash was happening, you only said "BSOD" with no other information regarding which file it happened in.

Please don't post that we are not responding to you when we infact are responding, and you also recieved responses from our other forum members in addition to my responses.

17. fce

fce Registered Member

sorry if my english is bad.

i did'nt say that you're not responding, what i'm saying is i can't get good answer (maybe because of my bad english). when A-Squared respond to my email they inform me the "exact" file or program causing BSOD when i email to them the result of event viewer.

btw, i did not removed NOD32 i just turn it off during scanning.

Anyway i like SAS Pro. I will not pay for the program if i dont like it.

18. MICRO

MICRO Registered Member

Nick,

You really do appear to have the patience of Job and I am wondering
    if it will run to a bit of indirect info. please.

Javacool has the fastest D\L Updater I've ever come across, almost seems to be turbo charged, or jet propelled, even via dial-up, whereas SAS takes me forever to update via dial-up,
    and then all others are somewhere between the two.

I am merely intrigued as to why there are such differences ?

Regards.

19. SUPERAntiSpy

SUPERAntiSpy Developer

It's likely it's updates are small in "data size"/comparison to the other products, so less data to download.

20. bahjan

bahjan Registered Member

I run the Free version and right click is present.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.