PhantOm's Ruleset Installer v7.exe

Discussion in 'LnS English Forum' started by desny, Feb 8, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. desny

desny Registered Member

hello,

Are there users of PhantOm' S Ruleset Installer v7.exe who are satisfied with this software?
    Thank you for your possible answers.

2. Phant0m

Phant0m Registered Member

Everyone of the English language who had bought the installer had no bad experiences or any complaints.

Your native language is French, you running French version of windows, and you experienced an anomaly. I ask for little information regarding your anomaly and you being incredibly difficult, you were very reluctant to give.

Your experiences is only shared by one other now, another French user, I hope to better success in retrieving bit of information on Friday from him.

This is anomaly you experience (shown below image for an attachment), it is Look ‘n’ Stop executable that crashed, Culprit Module, 'xpsp2res.dll', google this module, I find it interesting that this module faults that causes Look ‘n’ Stop to crash.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Feb 8, 2006
  3. desny

desny Registered Member

Dear Phantom,

I have bought your software on your english website. But there was no mention of the fact this software worked only with the English version of Windows. I don’t mind if it is written in English, I just guessed it beforehand, and anyway I am used to working with English softwares but in their case, they use all versions of windows not just the English one.

Today, despite of this problem, your website doesn’t mention this fact, that’s the last straw!

The bug is really important since I have to set up again LooknStop. Just imagine, a Windows or Office bugged and which must be set up at each try! Realizing that, I only asked you to give me your latest rules in order to set them up manually.
    That’s all I wanted and I if you had done it there would have been no need for me to write this long post on your forum. I have never sought in any case to be paid back and I won’t ask for it. But I don’t want to be used as a guinea-pig. On the other hand, you sent me this strange e. mail:

~~snip~~ - Please don't post the contents of private emails without the consent of all parties involved (LWM)

I am participating to a forum where a certain solidarity must exist.
    I have a duty, being a user of LooknStop and of your software, to warn other users. Don’t you agree with that, since you participate in the English forum I will write later on this forum what I am thinking about this event which lately will bring another issue.
    PS: I am going to ask the same question on the English forum but in English this time.

Best wishes
    desny

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 8, 2006
  4. desny

desny Registered Member

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Phant0m
    Vous avez acheté un produit qu'étant vendu en anglais, sur l'emplacement anglais, annoncé en anglais, et moi n'avait pas mentionné à son sujet étant pour des utilisateurs sur des systèmes des langues étrangères. Vous avez téléchargé, vous avez installé, vous avez acheté, j'ai envoyé le permis, vous avez autorisé, le logiciel détecte l'information de raccordement et s'applique, des extraits de logiciel et l'installation finit, logiciel se ferme sans accroc. Vous lancent 'Look 'n' Stop', 'Look 'n' Stop' ne termine, je demande l'information et vous avez refusé, aucun porc exigé. Seulement peu d'information priée, et matière des minutes je vous aurais courir/fixé. Vous n'avez eu aucune attention de me permettre de rectifier l'anomalie que vous devriez avoir appelé le remboursement au lieu de perdre mon temps précieux.

Et au sujet de ce ` de remarque réinstallant temps de `Look 'n' Stop` plusieurs n l''arrêt ', si vous seulement auriez a fourni peu d'information, m'a laissé aider, le temps perdu ne devrait pas être.

Au revoir desny

Response of desny (french forum LnS):

And I make you lose your time How dare you saying that!
    I lose my time and I pay for it!
    So I think it has more impact in my case, hasn’t it
    Concerning the pay back, it’s you and not I who had to offer it and since a long time!

5. Phant0m

Please provide me with a link where it states it is required to specify that information for the selling of the product, the fact remains you knew and yet had purchased a product off of a English language speaking board, not to mention there were no other references except just on the MntOlympus board.

I hadn’t made any claims regarding it supporting French users, however did function on the majority of the French users. You are now only one of two French users to have experienced that anomaly which resulting in Look ‘n’ Stop crash because of a faulting module.

I didn’t ask for you reinstall Look ‘n’ Stop, I was asking for information regarding your experiences, and you kept being reluctant. I however kept very relaxed with you, and being determined to resolve this problem for you and possible future French users, I kept requesting for information.

As for asking, yes you sure did! Anyways, for the rule-set for manual install, and I kept telling you how to locate the configured/extracted copy, you refused to do just little leg work (couple of mouse clicks).

I had been very pleasant with you, and you kept being very difficult, then you post on French forum with accusations and lies, so of course I’d not like that kept here, but I continued to make effort inspite what I had sent before hand.

You can keep going with your little games; I will not give you a satisfaction of seeing further responses from me.

6. desny

desny Registered Member

C'est beaucoup mieux ainsi.
    It much better lake that.
    desny

7. Blackspear

Blackspear Global Moderator

Desny, your post questioning LWM's decision to edit your post has been removed, you are welcome to Private Message LWM, however Admin and Moderator decisions are not open for public debate.

Blackspear.

8. MickeyTheMan

MickeyTheMan Security Expert

It might be useful at this time to point out that Phantom's ruleset and installer and 2 entities completely independant from LNS.

9. Phant0m

Desny

I can understand / comprehend that this is very stressful; this however didn’t have to be, from the very beginning I was to your aid, I asked for little information of your experiences, I didn’t require a guinea-pig and I didn’t ask you to be one, nor have I asked you to-do much leg work like re-installing Look ‘n’ Stop several times.

I asked questions which went ignored to this very day, you make remarks that my Phant0m`` Look ‘n’ Stop Installer faults, then you say ‘blocks/blocking Look ‘n’ Stop’, you ask for Ruleset file to be sent separately, I tried explaining that this isn’t necessary as Look ‘n’ Stop blocking and this would indicate the ruleset has been configured / extracted and that Look ‘n’ Stop had loaded it which also indicates to me that the Installer did not fault (like … incomplete, crash). Therefore the ruleset is already there for you to manually configure, I didn’t have clue until our very latest e-mails that Look ‘n’ Stop were actually crashing.

You make it very clear, now, that you don’t want to be a guinea-pig, you don’t want to improve on the development of the Phant0m``s Look ‘n’ Stop Ruleset, you also make it very clear that you don’t want to participate of giving little information, you also made it very clear that you don’t want a refund even though I said this is an understandable option. The only other thing besides a refund I’ve been willing / wanting to do is ensure I investigate this anomaly and e-mail the new release when it becomes available.

I’m only going to tell you this one last time, the ONLY physical change to Look ‘n’ Stop is its single registry strings value that is called when loading a ruleset, and this is only possible with Look ‘n’ Stop temporarily exited. If you launch Look ‘n’ Stop and it “blocking” / crashing while bitching about the faulting module xpsp2res.dll, then this is obviously something that should be investigated by the developer of Look ‘n’ Stop. Do we agree that Look ‘n’ Stop product should not be so easily sensitive to a mere registry strings value change on French systems?

I have couple of theories, but I’ll wait for that other French user to return to aid, in the meantime if this is indeed a problem, a mere use of lns.reg file found in the installed Look ‘n’ Stop location can possibly revert this back to normal.

10. Phant0m

It has been verified that the Phant0m``s Look ‘n’ Stop Ruleset had been configured an extracted and was located where it was suppose to be, also verified that the mere Look ‘n’ Stop registry setting modification that specifies ruleset location was successfully set and that this modification wasn’t ultimately the source for the crashing anomaly with the particular French system.

With Desny cooperation I had tracked the cause for Look ‘n’ Stop crashing, has to do with the processing of the rule-set file and that alone, under particular condition where the Look ‘n’ Stop application merely processing a ruleset file can generate instantly a crash, this here in general isn’t specific to language but only be seen with certain French systems.

In short, all is well.
    :D

11. desny

desny Registered Member

Thank you for the sending for your last rules v7.1.

Those function perfectly.

I will not be able to write the same thing on the French forum because I cannot speak about it any more, except if you can intervene near the regulator so that I post a last message on this subject.

Thank you to have devoted much of your time for the development.

12. bloodscourge

bloodscourge Registered Member

Great news! At last, it worked for you :)

13. Phant0m

Seeing how I only had sent you the one update, days ago, I appreciate you for notifying now, of the results.

I recommending visiting the source, where you originally downloaded the Ruleset, and read updated information and download most recent release v7.1 [Build: 2] which I had released today.

Be sure to e-mail me first and wait until my response before proceeding to Install the Ruleset.

Regards,
    Phant0m``

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.