Comodo Personal Firewall 2.4.11.135 RC1

Discussion in 'other firewalls' started by pvsurfer, Jan 8, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pvsurfer

pvsurfer Registered Member

[SIZE=+0]Firewall & Free Reg.[/SIZE]
    http://www.personalfirewall.comodo.com/ [SIZE=+0]
    http://www.personalfirewall.comodo.com/license_registration.html?
    [/SIZE]

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 9, 2007
  2. cprtech

cprtech Registered Member

Is that a promotional ad?

3. EASTER.2010

EASTER.2010 Guest

Regardless, it's definitely a "NEW" announcement. Seems like there is been a lot more new proponants of this one floating around lately offering positive reports with the results this one makes.

Funny or coincidentally i just D/L'd a version only a few days ago, downloading this new release candidate now and gonna try it on another box.

New news is good news? ;)

4. pvsurfer

You have got to be kidding. I'm simply providing the developer's description and links to the latest release of a popular and free firewall. Furthermore, I have no financial interest whatsoever in the company.

Btw, you're welcome!

5. vhick

vhick Registered Member

i read the thread regarding this new beta release. and there alot of problem. for sure the launch of final release will be more delayed.

6. cprtech

Yes, I'm kidding ;) But how stable is the current beta?

7. EASTER.2010

EASTER.2010 Guest

Well, eh, can always try & test the first D/L then right?

Softs o_O One day/version they're up & stable; the next release/time they're interruptable, unstable, etc. So goes the wacky mixed up world of software program engineering in Windoze.

8. pvsurfer

This is not the beta, it's the Release Candidate where they supposedly corrected all known bugs (found in the beta). From what I can see so far (in just 2 days) it's stable. :thumb:

9. cprtech

Hi pvsurfer,

good to see it's working well for you :) However, I read many of the posts in the Comodo forum regarding this RC, and it does seem most members are encountering problems with it, even a BSOD with at least one.

I had considered testing it out, but I'm just too mentally exhausted these days to do so o_O Besides, I have pretty much settled on Outpost, though I was mighty impressed with the last final release (2.3.6.81) when I used it for over a month. Nice firewall, but it seems - just based on the comments I've read - they may have alot more work to do before it is stable and refined enough to be released as a final version. I also got the feeling many don't properly understand how it works, especially regarding the network connection request pop-ups for different parent/child situations. The developers also want to integrate a HIPS into the product. That will no doubt be a huge endeavour.

10. pvsurfer

Thanks for the heads-up. As I said, no problems so far, but I'll be keeping close tabs on it - for sure!

11. cheater87

cheater87 Registered Member

I can't wait for the full version I have the 11th marked off on my calender. Thats when they said it will be available.

12. zorro zorrito

zorro zorrito Registered Member

This version works fine, and more important is that doesn't slow my connection (same with jetico). I was trying PC Tools firewall and with that my connections is very slow. I could say that this is the final release.Ah,the trayIcon look fantastic.(the only thing is missing is a better log, like the jetico's one).

13. KDNeese

KDNeese Registered Member

I have been using this RC1 version and so far really like it. I could never get my firewall rules to function properly in 2.3.681, but this latest version seems to be a vast improvement as far as functionality. Looking at the log from the GUI is somewhat lacking, but if you export the log to an HTML file it is quite detailed and not bad at all. I wasn't real crazy about 2.3.681 and quit using it, but this latest version seems to actually be a lot more stable, at least with my setup. I also think it allows a lot of flexibility for creating rules, once you understand its little nuances. Has passed every test I've thrown at it without causing any problems. I noticed that it handled the port scans at Shields Up as a possible DOS attack and locked it out (as it is supposed to do). I have to say that Comodo has really listened to its users and taken some really good steps in the right direction. Also, the fact that it is free is awsome, considering that it seems to function better than some other paid firewalls I've either used or trialed.

14. Ocky

Ocky Registered Member

Many thanks to folks like KDNeese for testing so many security apps. This latest post will get me dumping my old Sygate 5.5xx, which has a loopback problem with localhost Proxomitron, in favour of Comodo - despite some adverse comments on the matousec site:
    M/B I can skip installing a fully-fledged HIPS as Comodo seems to have some behavioural blocking features if 'Application Behaviour Ananlysis' is enabled. :)

The link to matousec site: http://www.matousec.com/projects/wi...lysis/Comodo-Personal-Firewall-2.3.6.81/#bugs

15. pvsurfer

Ocky, that review is pretty harsh and my experience using Comodo doesn't support those findings. :doubt:

Btw, I also used Sygate Personal Pro 5.5x until they were acquired by Symantec. I iked Sygate's FW very much, but just didn't feel comfortable continuing on with an unsupported product.

16. pvsurfer

Comodo Personal Firewall Pro 2.4.12.146 RC2

Comodo Personal Firewall Pro 2.4.12.146 RC2

License: Freeware
    Size: 7.67 MB
    download.

And in case you have to re-register this latest build to get your free license,
    registration

Last edited: Jan 11, 2007
  17. cheater87

Re: Comodo Personal Firewall Pro 2.4.12.146 RC2

w00t this means the full version should be coming soon

18. Legendkiller

Legendkiller Registered Member

it is suppose to launch on 11th..ie..today

19. como212

como212 Registered Member

so now after RC2 will come RC3 or the final release ?

20. halcyon

halcyon Registered Member

Comodo is indeed very good.

I'm just wishing for the following in a future Change log posting about Comodo:

IMPROVED significant speed gains in network filtering rules

Until then, I'll take a pass :)

21. cheater87

Today is RC3

22. pvsurfer

23. vhick

vhick Registered Member

RC4 is out!

24. cprtech

The Final is being postponed 'til the 18th.

25. Firefighter

Firefighter Registered Member

Load it from here.

Best regards,
    Firefighter!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.