Testing of v9 Build 3854

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by bodgy, Dec 11, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tachyon42

tachyon42 Registered Member

2. thomasjk

thomasjk Registered Member

Has anyone done more testing of this build? I'm holding off installing this build because it seems to be just another sloppy release by Acronis. It doesn't appear to offer any fixes I need. Any thoughts Menorcaman.

3. Menorcaman

Menorcaman Retired Moderator

I've rolled back to Build 3677.

Whilst Build 3854 fixes a number anomalies, most of these were not really show stoppers. However, the new problem introduced in Build 3854 i.e. CD/DVD drives not detected when imaging in boot rescue mode is, in my view, much more serious. Therefore, unless this issue is fixed, I will stay with Build 3677 until such time that I either need the additional features in TI 10.0 or any new harware I purchase is no longer compatible.

Regards

EDIT: Statement corrected to reflect what I said in Post #36, namely that non-detection of CD/DVD drives only occures when creating an image. Validation and restoring is O.K. Appols for any confusion caused.

Last edited: Feb 25, 2007
  4. MKairys

MKairys Registered Member

And AFAIK that problem has yet to be acknowledged by Acronis, much less promised to be fixed in a "future build".

In fact we have no reason to believe there will be another build of 9.0, old or new problems notwithstanding.

5. thomasjk

Thanks, Menorcaman. I don't use CD/DVD's for backup but I plan to stay with B3677 until hell freezes over or Acronis releases a clean build for V9.0 :D
    Nice avatar. Now we can see the real thing. :-*

6. Kapiti

Kapiti Registered Member

Just to make sure we are talking about the same thing – are you saying that when using TI rescue disk (3854) you’re unable to see your CD\DVD drives with the TI .tib file?

I’m asking because after reading your posting I booted from a TI rescue disk (3854) and could see both of my DVD drives and the backup .tib file.

I don’t use DVD’s for backup purposes normally, but made one for testing on December 13th using a Verbatim DVD+RW and this shows up as normal when booting from the rescue disk build 3854.

John.

7. tachyon42

While waiting on Menorcaman to reply you might want to read posts 36,37,43,44 and 45.
    Maybe they will clarify the point.

8. Kapiti

Kapiti Registered Member

It did indeed clarity the situation, thank you.

John

9. Ralphie

Ralphie Registered Member

Including the tan associated with those wonderful beaches in Menorca.

But, yes, I am also sticking with build 3677. Incidentally I had to do a Recovery today - - works everytime for me, from the Rescue CD, including Cloning.

10. Menorcaman

Nah, don't kid yourself - it's radiation burn caused by too much time in front of my monitor. :D :D

Regards

11. tachyon42

Hi Menorcaman,
    Congratulations, I just noticed the 'Global Moderator' tag.
    Is this new or have I just been unobservant previously?
    If you really need the work then perhaps you could get a job in the Acronis QA Department - they certainly need someone with your ability to test TrueImage :D :D

12. Menorcaman

Thanks tachyon42. It was a surprise Christmas present from Wilders Security (maybe that should read "poisoned chalice" :p. Only kidding Paul, only kidding :D).

Regards

13. starsfan09

starsfan09 Registered Member

Menorcaman,
    I too...just noticed the new tags. Justice has finally been served!!
    I must say...you very much deserve them. Your advice got me through using Acronis back in May of '06.

I have Never seen anyone on any forum devote so much time to helping others as you have. Yes, you deserve to be apart of the Acronis software team. If that can't happen, then they should take your word as concrete in developing Acronis TI Imaging software now, and in the future.
    You know this software inside and out, and have explicit, and raw knowledge to the core of how it works. I'm glad to see they finally noticed that you would make a great moderator. :thumb:

14. Menorcaman

Jeez! starsfan09, now you've really made me blush :oops: :oops: :oops: - but thanks for the compliment :).

Regards

15. foghorne

foghorne Registered Member

Sorry if I am late (and off thread) but well done Menorcaman, your selfless efforts in this forum have helped me and scores of others. I hope you are on the Acronis payroll by now.

Isn't that odd that the letters ACRON appear backwards in the middle of your name :D

Well done anyway, and congratulations.

F.

16. Menorcaman

Hi foghorne,

Thanks and a Happy New Year.

I'm afraid they can't afford me. :D

Well I never - spooky!!

Regards

17. Ralphie

Ralphie Registered Member

Actually there's another reason for the "promotion" ... guess where the next annual Acronis business meeting is going to be held. :D :D And I hear they want to make it two meetings a year now. :cool: :cool:

18. Menorcaman

Thanks for your humour and kind words guys. However, best get back on topic otherwise even I will get my knuckles rapped. ;)

Regards

19. Adramalech

Adramalech Registered Member

I don't know if this was mentioned before but it seems that when you build an rescue media, the universal restore option doesn't work allways or even not at all.

If tested this behaviour with rescue discs build 3677 and 3854 and a dell PowerEdge 850. With build 3677 I was asked if i would like to use universal restore and with 3854 not. It was the same image and it was created using the universal restore option.

THX

20. Menorcaman

Hello Adramalech,

Universal Restore was never designed to work with True Image 9.0 Home. I believe this "final" build (3854) of True Image 9.0 Home is based on a "crippled" version of True Image 9.1 Work Station Build 3854. If so, then I'm not surprised that the Universal Restore feature doesn't function properly.

Regards

21. Adramalech

Adramalech Registered Member

@Menorcaman

Ok, sorry...

I was talking about TI server of course. I wasn't aware that this thread was only about home.:doubt:

22. MKairys

Well, this thread has gone dark again... Does anyone (esp. Menorcaman :)) know if there will be any further activity from Acronis regarding 9.0? Do you think they are done with it despite the apparent introduction of at least one new bug?

If so, may I ask for the consensual opinion regarding 3854 vs. 3677? I'm particularly intrigued/worried by Menorcaman's comment I believe this "final" build (3854) of True Image 9.0 Home is based on a "crippled" version of True Image 9.1 Work Station Build 3854. I don't know anything about 9.1 WS so I wonder if 3854 is opening up a new bag of quirks...

23. foghorne

foghorne Registered Member

Personally I am sticking with 3677.

F.

24. thomasjk

I too am staying with B3677 until hades freezes over or Acronis produces a bug free release. :D

25. MKairys

Equally likely? :) :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.