Outlook XP

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by jjazz, Dec 26, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jjazz

jjazz Registered Member

I installed NOD32 [Version 1939 (20061226) NT] and then installed Outlook XP. When I now start Outlook, I keep getting the following dialog:
    A program is trying to access e-mail addresses you stored in Outlook. Do you want to allow this?

If this is unexpected, it may be a virus and you should choose "No".

Am I getting this because I installed outlook after NOD? I searched the forums and the web for this message and didn't come up with anything useful.

Thanks

2. jjazz

jjazz Registered Member

I searched the microsoft site and came across a lot of articles on this error message. The link below refers to 'trusted add-ins'. I am assuming that NOD32 is a trusted add-in. If not, should I just have AMON ignore my .pst files?
    http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/outlook/HA011127891033.aspx

Thanks again

3. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

This used to happen to me when using Outlook Express as my mail client which was set to use MS Outlook for composing email. For this reason I installed a small utility that simulates clicking Yes in that dialog prompt. BTW, AMON does not scan pst files as they are considered an archive (email store).

4. jjazz

jjazz Registered Member

Thanks for the suggestion but I need a solid fix for this. This is for a client's computer and I don't want to rely on a simulated click.

Would a reinstall of NOD32 fix this or can I alter some part of the NOD configuration to work around this? According to the articles I read from M$, you cannot alter this security setting.

5. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

For me it was a problem of a MS Outlook security update which required a confirmation when another application was attempting to use MS Office's address book. Hence I installed a utility that simulates clicking the Yes button.

6. jjazz

jjazz Registered Member

Anybody know which security update causes this? I will gladly reinstall Office and exclude this update.

7. jjazz

jjazz Registered Member

I did a complete OS re-install on the machine, followed by Office XP install and update, and then installed NOD32. Seems to be ok now.

Not sure why it didn't like Office being installed after the fact, but it's working now.

8. ASpace

ASpace Guest

Thanks for letting us know , jjazz ! ;) :thumb:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.