The file is corrupted. (0x4000D)

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by edmundlp, Sep 27, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. edmundlp

edmundlp Registered Member

When backing up Files and Folders, I receive this error when done.

The file is corrupted. (0x4000D)

It doesn't state which file is corrupt?

All programs have been closed prior to backup starting.

Ran chkdsk /f, didn't help.

Thoughts?

2. Jim-M

Jim-M Registered Member

Suggest you SEARCH the forum for "Error Message during Backup Verify " that was posted within the past 24 hours.

You can also SEARCH for "Backup Fails" that I posted on 1 Sept 2006.

It would appear your having the exact same issue over what appears to be a KNOWN BUG / fault of the software.

Suggest you open a formal trouble ticket with Acronis to have them confirm it with your hardware/software configuration.

3. sch8mid

sch8mid Registered Member

same here
    no ... don`t do this ..
    take this incredible piece of shi$ and throw it out of the window
    this is by far the worst piece of software I bought in the last 20 years

4. vnv

vnv Registered Member

...Same in TI 10 Build 4871...:mad:

5. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello edmundlp, sch8mid and vnv.

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

We are sorry for the delayed response.

Please note that know issue that Jim-M is talking about is related to the build 3718 of Acronis True Image 9.1 Workstation and Acronis True Image 9.1 Enterprise Server only.

This issue was already fixed and the fix was included into the build 3832 of Acronis True Image 9.1 Workstation and Acronis True Image 9.1 Enterprise Server. The latest build (3832) of Acronis True Image 9.1 Workstation and Acronis True Image 9.1 Enterprise Server can be dowloaded from "Registered Products" section of your account. To get access to updates you should first register your software.

If in is not the case and you have experienced this issue with the build 4871 of Acronis True Image 10.0 Home, please follow the instructions provided in post #2 of this thread to provide us with additional information that will allow us to investigate this issue.

Thank you.
    --
    Aleksandr Isakov

6. jweisbin

jweisbin Registered Member

I'm having the same problem with True Image Home 10, build 4871. I can backup, validate, and restore when booted from the recovery disk. I can backup and restore to my boot drive when booted into windows XP (SP-2), but I can't backup, validate, or restore to a secondary IDE drive when booted into Windows XP. I have checked the drive (full scan) and there are no problems with the drive. This is the log:

Operation with partition "0-0" was terminated.
    Details:
    Read error (0x70003)
    Tag = 0x82DB9339B70C3AF9
    Error reading the file. (0x40001)
    function = "ReadFile"
    Tag = 0x7CEB2CDC9FB11FF6
    Insufficient system resources exist to complete the requested service. (0xFFF0)
    code = FFFFFFFF800705AA
    Tag = 0xBD28FDBD64EDB821

I installed the "Snap" update as instructed http://download.acronis.com/support/SnapAPISetup.303_s_e.msi
    But that didn't fix it.

7. _Kento_

_Kento_ Registered Member

jweisbin,

What is the secondary IDE drive? Model, file system etc.

From the log you have attached I can assume that ATI cannot read some files. Did you run "chkdsk X: /r" (X - your secondary IDE drive)?

_Kento_

8. vnv

vnv Registered Member

Hi there!

I wonder why this solved problem (it took a long time to fix it by Acronis in TI 9 workstation !!) is in build 4871 of V10?

Why isn't there more "power" to find the bug by Acronis? So many people can't make SAVE Backups on an USB or internal HD... o_O :thumbd: o_O

9. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello vnv,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

Please note that the problem I have described in this post above was present in the build 3718 of Acronis True Image 9.1 Enterprise Server or Acronis True Image 9.1 Workstation only. The issue was that any file backup (back up of a separate files/folders) created by means of Acronis True Image 9.1 Enterprise Server or Acronis True Image 9.1 Workstation build 3718 fails to be validated and is reported as corrupt. The backups still can be restored with no problems.

Therefore, we will wait for the results of the tests I have provided in this thread to find out the reason for Acronis True Image 10.0 Home to report archive corruption.

Please also perform Memory tests and post the results it this thread.

Thank you.
    --
    Aleksandr Isakov

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.