Update, Return??

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by broderp, Oct 22, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. broderp

broderp Registered Member

I just purchaced Acronis 9.0 from a local dealer (COMPUSA) for $50.

I go here and see that version 10 is out for the same price!:eek:

Don't I feel dumb!:oops:

I have a short chat with the sales guys on this web site, and they claim that when I register 9.0, I will get a link to download 10.0 for FREE. I've searched the web site to see what the upgrade policy is and all I find is a $30 upgrade for previous owners.

I also then read about the new issue being UNSTABLE from this forum.

Should I RETURN the software and BUY v10 when out? ( I haven't opened the box yet!-for JUST this reason!) :cautious:
    Is this upgrade policy true? FREE? $30? o_O
    IS IT WORTH THE UP GRADE? :thumb: :thumbd:

Thanks for advise.

Raymond

2. the c.e.o.

the c.e.o. Registered Member

version 10 is brand new so im sure there are some bugs that need to be worked out. as far as upgrading if you purchased version 9 within the last 30days usually you get the upgrade from one version to another for free but youll need to contact acronis support reguarding that issue.what i would do since there are surely some bugs that need worked out in version 10 is ask acronis about getting the upgrade for free (providing you purchased version 9 in the last 30 days of course). but dont install it yet just register it with website so you can get updates to future builds(build updates are always free for registered customers this is different from version updates). and wait say 2 builds down the line (prob 2 months or so) then install version 10 as many bugs are sure to be ironed out by then. of course these are only my opinions.

3. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello broderp,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

We are sorry for the delayed response.

Please note that the c.e.o. is right about upgrade policy. Please have a look at this previous post of mine describing Acronis upgrade policy for Home and Home Office products. Therefore, I would recommend that you collect the information about your purchase of Acronis True Image 9.0 Home (invoice or receipt) and submit a request to Acronis Support Team using Ask a question before you purchase Acronis software link. Attach all the collected files and information to your request. If you are eligible for free upgrade we will provide you with the further instruction on how to obtain it.

Thank you.
    --
    Aleksandr Isakov

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.