Disk Director capabilities

Discussion in 'Acronis Disk Director Suite' started by whistler21, Oct 8, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. whistler21

whistler21 Registered Member

Win 2000sp4, 2x300G RAID-1, dynamic disk with 7 partitions, 16k clusters on all but C: partition.

Can DD defragment this? If not, can I resize the clusters back to 4k - which W2K *can* defrag?

Thanks

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello whistler21,

Thank you for your interest in Acronis Partition and Disk Managing Software.

Please accept our apologies for the delay with the response.

We regret to inform you that current version of Acronis Disk Director Suite 10.0 (and Acronis Disk Director Server 10.0) does not support Windows Dynamic Disks.

Please also be aware that the current version of Acronis Disk Director does not have the own modules to defragment and check hard drives. The program just run the Windows's utilities. When the defragmentation will be complete Acronis Disk Director should tell you about it.

Please also note that using Acronis Disk Director Suite 10.0 on a basic disks you will be able to changing partition cluster size. You can find the detailed instructions on how to perform this operation in Chapter 4.2 Additional Partition Operations in the Acronis Disk Director Suite 10.0 User's Guide.

Thank you.
    --
    Aleksandr Isakov

3. whistler21

whistler21 Registered Member

Are there any plans to support dynamic disks/larger cluster sizes? With today's larger disks and multmiedia files, I'm very surprised that there is no support for this. After all, it's not like this is a new feature - just W2K after all.
    Is there support in XP or Vista?

4. ghg

ghg Registered Member

I run w2000 with 64k clusters, wastes about 15% slack space,
    but boy does it fly!l you are correct that nothing in w2k will
    defrag that. I put up a minimal XP install on a tiny (2GB)
    partition and boot that every other week, just to defrag
    the 64k w2000 partitions. Could defrag from a bartPE disk
    as well.

--ghg

5. natella

natella Registered Member

paragon partition manager supports dynamic disks...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.