UNABLE TO PLUG (or mount) IMAGE

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by mazaprin, Aug 20, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mazaprin

mazaprin Registered Member

I am using ATI 9.0 (3677) on my Windows XP Home (SP2) and I backup images to a 160 GB External USB 2.0 HD

Everything is working well (creating and restoring images) BUT...
    I am unable to explore or plug (virtual mount) any partitions form the backup archives. When the Axcronis software starts the proccess to mount a partition and asigning it a letter, I get an ERROR MESSAGE saying:

"CAN NOT ASSIGN A DRIVE LETTER TO A PARTITION FROM THE BACKUP IMAGE"

I don't knoiw why is this happening, I have never had any problems exploring or mounting Image partitions from any backup archive with PREVIOUS BUILDS of ATI 9.

If someone has experienced this type of problem and was able to solve it, please post a reply .
    Thanks

2. Menorcaman

Menorcaman Retired Moderator

Hello Mazaprin,

The first thing I would try is a full uninstall of TI followed by a reinstall. Use the instructions in this Acronis Support reply to carry out a full manual uninstall:

Acronis True Image 9.x Enterprise Server/Server for Windows/Home manual uninstallation

When you reinstall Build 3677 you will need to enter its serial number and, if it was an upgrade purchase, the serial number of your previous version.

Regards

3. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello mazaprin,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

Please accept our apologies for the delay with the response.

First of all, please be aware that in order to mount a multivolume image archive all volumes of this image archive should reside in one folder.

If all volumes of the image archive that you try to mount reside in one folder but you still cannot mount this image archive as a virtual drive by means of the embedded Mount Image tool then please validate this image by means of the Validate Backup Archive tool.

If the image archive validates as corrupted then I'm afraid we cannot guarantee the success in case you try to mount it.

If the image archive validates successfully then please also check if there are any service\recovery partitions (e.g. EISA partitions for Dell computers and the alike) contained in the image archive that you try to mount. If there are any, please select the 'Do not mount' option for them.

If that does not help either then please collect the following information:

- Go to Start -> Run and issue the "regedit" command;

- Let us know the data lines of the below registry keys:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Class\{4D36E967-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318} -> UpperFilters

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Class\{71A27CDD-812A-11D0-BEC7-08002BE2092F} -> UpperFilters

- Create Acronis Report and Windows System Information as it is described in Acronis Help Post;

- Make a screen shot of the latest screen of the Mount Image wizard which contains the operation scenario (see the example here);

- Let us know where you store the image that you try to mount.

Please also do the following:

- Download SetupApiLog.zip, unpack it and run in order to add the information to the Windows registry;

- Delete \Windows\setupapi.log and reboot the computer;

- Reproduce the problem and collect the setupapi.log file created;

- Let us know whether there is a delay after hitting Proceed and getting the error message.

Then please submit a request for technical support. Provide the files and information collected in your request along with the step-by-step description of the actions taken before the problem appears and the link to this thread. We will investigate the problem and try to provide you with the solution.

Thank you.
    --
    Alexey Popov

Last edited: Sep 29, 2006
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.