Difference in "versions"....

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by JRCATES, Aug 19, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JRCATES

JRCATES Registered Member

I've noticed that my NOD trial version is 2.51.28......yet someone else just posted that their trial version is 2.51.30. Obviously, they downloaded after I did...but other than that, I'm curious what the differences are in these versions. Is it simply putting a "time stamp" on downloaded versions? Or are there "upgrades", bug fixes, etc. involved? Also, what is THE CURRENT" version?

2. WSFuser

WSFuser Registered Member

iirc, the new trial version has a button so that u can upgrade it to the full version. and its included definitons are newer too.

3. covaro

covaro Registered Member

Versions:
    2.51.26 - Paid version purchased before like Julyish
    2.51.28 - Trial version with feature to upgrade to full version built-in (English Only)
    2.51.30 - Same as .28 but for all languages and adds more definitions (including that 5MB one that came out not too long ago)

No bug fixes or anything like that from .26-.30, all the changes pretty much pertain to the Trial Version and the upgrade feature.

-Cov

4. JRCATES

JRCATES Registered Member

Thanks for the detailed info, Cov....very much appreciated. :D

Just a little curious what is meant by this, though:

I am fairly certain that I received that "large, 5 MB" download....and all subsequent follow-up definition updates. So does the above comment actually refer more to "trial users receiving updates more timely"?

5. covaro

covaro Registered Member

Can't really say, I just meant that .30 includes the 5MB update and all prior ones in the installer so you don't have to worry about trying to pull that big thing down once it's installed. I know there have been some comments by Marcos about Eset reworking the update servers so that Trial version users should have almost as reliable of updates as the paid users. Part of that is by cutting out the ability of cracked trials not being able to get updates.

-Cov

6. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

It only means that if you download a trial version from ESET's website and transfer it onto a computer with no Internet connection, NOD32 will have the latest large base update already embedded, without the need to download an update. However, it's still recommended to always update to the most current version. If there is no Internet connection on the computer you plan to install NOD32 on, you should create an update mirror, transfer it onto the desired pc and set NOD32 to update from that folder.

7. pykko

pykko Registered Member

anyway it's good to release once a month an updated version with all the latest defs. ;)

8. lodore

lodore Registered Member

sure is=p

9. tanstaafl

tanstaafl Registered Member

Where can I d/l the latest 2.51.30?? The latest on the d/l site shows 2.51.26?

10. ASpace

ASpace Guest

The latest trial version is 2.51.30
    The latest paid version is 2.51.26

Download from ESET's site

11. tanstaafl

tanstaafl Registered Member

Oh, ok - thanks...

12. rnfolsom

rnfolsom Registered Member

Marcos:

I have two paid NOD32 versions (one on each of two Win2k Sp4 Rollup1 laptop computers), both 2.50.25. I gather from this thread that

a) NOD32 does not invite me to update to a new version when one appears (it's never done so, or else it's done so very, very, subtly), and

b) The new "decimal" versions (e.g. 2.51.26 for the Windows paid version) contain security improvements, rather than interface changes, so there is good reason to bother installing the new "decimal" versions as they appear.

From the Eset website's download page, at
    http://www.eset.com/download/registered_software.php

c) I understand that I can download and install the new version's *.exe file on top of the existing installed version without uninstalling the current one first, and

d) I infer (I didn't see a specific statement) that installing the latest version on top of the existing installed version doesn't need a new user name and password, and saves all of the existing settings.

e) I'd guess that I don't need to download and printout and study a new installation guide.

Are each of these statements correct?

Thanks for any help.

Roger Folsom

13. Blackspear

Blackspear Global Moderator

The version number difference is to do with language, so there is no need to push out such a version through Esets servers.

See above answer.

Correct, but there really isn’t a need, unless you are learning a new language ;) :D

Correct.

Correct.

Cheers :D

14. rnfolsom

rnfolsom Registered Member

Blackspear:

Please excuse my tardy reply. Apparently my ISP's anti-spam filters had blocked the "notify me" message that I should have received from Wilders.

In any case, thank you for your very useful reply. Apparently I had misunderstood Pykko's message (#7 in this thread) to mean that I needed to upgrade Nod32 to get the latest anti-virus technology.

I'm delighted to know that with version 2.50.25 I'm not missing any technological improvements, and am missing only the ability to have NOD32 "talk to me" in a language I do not know.

Roger Folsom

P.S.: I just checked to make sure that any notifications from Wilders will get through those anti-spam filters. I've whitelisted it as
    *@wilderssecurity.com where * is a wildcard.

If anyone reading this knows that Wilders messages come from some other address (or a more complex address after the @ sign), please let me know.

15. Blackspear

Blackspear Global Moderator

You are welcome.

Cheers :D

16. King FN Kong

King FN Kong Registered Member

hi. was just reading through. how exactly can i do this? do i just copy the files from C:\Program Files\Eset\updfiles and transfer it to the pc with no net connection? thanks

17. ASpace

ASpace Guest

Hello.
    No . This is not correct and will not work . You need NOD32 Administrator(Lan Update) version

NOD32 has two versions :
    Standart and LanUpdate
    The protection functions are the same in both editions but what LanUpdate has more is the ability to create a copy of the signatures/software updates , called Mirror . This can be used in networks where some computers have no internet connection to connect to ESET servers and also when somebody need definitions like the case in this thread . However , this feauture is not available in the Standart edition so you need the LanUpdate one

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.