XP crashes before selecting location.

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by Tonyv, Jun 21, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tonyv

Tonyv Registered Member

hi, i installed acronis 9.1, and after i selected the ahrd drive to backup, before selecting the location to store the file, my machine crashes with a BSOD ulsata.sys error, somebody a solution for me? yes i installed the latest update's.

Kind regards
    Tony

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello Tony,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

We need some additional information to investigate this issue thoroughly and to provide you with a possible workaround.

Please do the following in order to enable mini-dumps that will allow us to investigate the problem thoroughly:

- Right click on "My Computer" and choose "Properties";

- Go to "Advanced" tab;

- Go to "Startup" and "Recover Settings";

- Choose "Small memory dump" in "Write debugging information" box;

- Close all the dialog windows by clicking OK buttons.

Now, please reproduce the system crash and collect the mini-dumps created. Then submit a request for technical support. Attach all the collected files and information to your request along with the step-by-step description of the actions taken before the problem appears and the link to this thread. We will investigate the problem and try to provide you with the solution.

I would also recommend that you update the drivers for you hard drives and try to use Acronis True Image once agian.

Thank you.
    --
    Aleksandr Isakov

3. pescado

pescado Registered Member

Hi

I installed acronis 9.0; and after i selected the hard drive to backup, before selecting the location to store the file, my machine crashes with a BSOD ulsata.sys error (latest build is installed).

The same problem has been reported in June 21; is there an answer or solution?

Regards
    pescado

4. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello pescado,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

Please accept our apologies for the delay with the response.

First of all, please make sure you use the latest build (3677) of Acronis True Image 9.0 Home which is available for downloading in the Product Updates section of your account at Acronis web site.

You can find the full version name and build number by going to Help -> About... menu in the main program window.

To get access to updates you should create an account then log in and use your serial number to register the software.

Please uninstall the previously installed build by following Start -> Settings -> Control Panel -> Add or Remove Programs -> Acronis True Image prior to installing build 3677.

Note that you should create a new Bootable Rescue CD after installing the update.

If the problem still persists with the latest build (3677) of Acronis True Image 9.0 Home then please check each partition of both the source and destination hard drives by Windows utility: use Windows menu Start\Run, then enter the command "chkdsk c: /r" "chkdsk d: /r" for every partition of your hard drive. Note that you will need to reboot your computer in order to scan the system partition.

Please also download the latest version of Acronis drivers, install it with disabled logging and see if the problem still persists.

If the problem still persists after checking the hard drives and updating the drivers then please follow the instructions provided by Aleksandr.

Please also create Acronis Report and Windows System Information as it is described in Acronis Help Post.

Then please submit a request for technical support. Provide the collected mini-dumps, report.txt and sysinfo.NFO files in your request along with the step-by-step description of the actions taken before the problem appears and the link to this thread. We will investigate the problem and try to provide you with a solution.

Thank you.
    --
    Alexey Popov

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.