Acronis Please Upload correct version of TI Home 9.0 Build 3666

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by werne, Jun 21, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. werne

werne Registered Member

Acronis,

I downloaded the file named trueimage9.0.3666_s_en.exe. Even though the file name says it is version 3666, it apparently is not. Right clicking on properties of the file reveals that it is still version number 9.0.0.3633. After installing the file, the version number is 3633. Please upload the correct or corrected file to your servers. Thank you.

2. SemiP

SemiP Registered Member

Yet, the MD5 hash is different from the update labelled "trueimage9.0.3633_s_en.exe". So, it is confusing as to what is different, besides an incorrect internal version number.

Yes, Please upload the correct or corrected file.

SemiP

3. fphall

fphall Registered Member

LOL, that's about par for the course. ;-)

4. werne

werne Registered Member

and yes everybody I did completely uninstall TI 9.0.0.3633 before installing what looked like build 3666 (plus deleting leftover registry entries related to 3633 after uninstall, also).

5. werne

werne Registered Member

Acronis,

I hope that your reply will be timely as some of us actually use this product on a daily basis. Right now I have to use bootitng for my C: Drive since I cannot see my DVD burner when I boot up with the bootable rescue media CD I created (I like to be pretty darn sure that I can get my data back).

6. twokatmew

twokatmew Registered Member

does anyone from Acronis actually read this forum? Frankly I have to wonder about the safety of my data if the company can't even upload the correct build.

7. SemiP

SemiP Registered Member

Not seeing your DVD burner from the bootable rescue media CD is a puzzle. I just created a new bootable CD using alleged 3666(3633). Created an iso file from ATI and burned it with ImgBurn.

If I boot using the "Safe" version, then I cannot see my CD / DVD burners. I can only see my two physical SATA devices and all partitions--no problem.

However, if I boot the "Full' version, then the SATA devices AND the CD and DVD burners show up fine. Each burner is a primary device on each of the two IDE chains.

SemiP

8. Fedorov999

Fedorov999 Registered Member

Terrible quality control..... or lack of it :(

9. werne

werne Registered Member

SemiP,

I have a Plextor SATA DVD burner that kind of alternates with different versions of True Image (that is alternates being seen by the boot media). I just patiently wait until the next version for them to eventually clean this problem up (they always have so far). This burner does not react the same as IDE drives or SATA drives. I was hoping that the new version of TI 9.0 would solve this problem for me. Of course, you have to have the new version to try it. I backup to both another onboard hard disk, an external hard drive (which is seen by TI 9.0 Build 3633), and to DVD media (which I keep offsite just in case of theft or fire). Call me paranoid but I do not wish to lose years of data because of a backup problem. That is why I use bootitng for my C: drive when the TI bootable rescue media doesn't work (which it doesn't in build 3633, usually because they don't have a Linux driver for my particular situation or for any other reason). Bootitng has never failed me in getting back my data. However, I am always tinkering with my partitions and TI 9.0 allows me to get back my data regardless of the partition size (as long as there is enough room for the data). Bootitng does not allow you to change the partition size on the fly - if the partition is smaller than the original partition than you can't get it back. I like to keep my options open. Now if Acronis will only tell us if the new file is actually the real new file (but internally mislabeled) or better yet correct their mistake, I will be much happier

Last edited: Jun 21, 2006
  10. twokatmew

twokatmew Registered Member

I have an Epox 9NPA+Ultra mainboard, which has four SATA II ports, RAID avail though disabled in the BIOS. (My DVD burner is an NEC dual layer.) I find that in the more recent TI9 builds, I have to use safe mode during a restore, because full mode attempts to access the RAID, and I end up seeing just my computer with no breakout of drives, and TI9 sits there with an hour glass. So I use the safe mode when I restore and hope that this doesn't stop working. o_O

11. werne

werne Registered Member

Just downloaded trueimage9.0.3666_s_en.exe again and the file is about 1 MB bigger than yesterday plus it does say it is build 3666 under file properties. Hooray! Hopefully, it solves a lot of problems. We'll see.

12. shieber

shieber Registered Member

My copy keeps saying incorrect serial number when I try to start 3666 after doing the update this morning. UGH!!!!

13. HelpFromFrance

HelpFromFrance Registered Member

Hope you are right, in another post :

https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=136248

Post #21 Acronis says they have uploaded the new 3666

HelpFromFrance

14. bodgy

bodgy Registered Member

I can confirm that it is now 3666 ! :) I've just downloaded both the upgrade and the full version (two licences).

Sigh -- somehow this post was supposed to be in the other 3666 thread, and yet I managed to post it to this one !!!

Colin

15. shieber

shieber Registered Member

How many builds is this in the last 12 months. Well over a half dozen, I believe, but probably many more. I've install ATI more times than any other program -- sometimes, Ithink maybe more than all other programs put together. :ouch:

16. werne

werne Registered Member

Well it looks like I will have to wait a while longer for my problems to be resolved as Build 3666 didn't do the trick. I backed up my C: Drive to DVD under windows and included the TI rescue media on the DVD. Then I rebooted to the DVD and went into both (separately of course) the Full and Safe versions. Neither version saw my SATA Plextor DVD drive and both saw my external USB hard drive. Not a big deal as I will continue to use Bootitng for my C: drive until Acronis fixes this problem. However, this will be a big issue in the future as Intel is planning to not include IDE connectors on their future motherboards. Right now Plextor is the only company I know that is producing SATA DVD burners but I'm sure that will start changing pretty soon. My impression is that Acronis True Image is still the best imaging program available at this time with just a few rough edges every now and then. The biggest problem of course is that it is written in linux and you need a Linux driver for every hardware situation and that driver cannot be added by the user (like in BartPE). Originally, I guess the big advantage to True Image was the since it was written in linux it would be able to backup windows without any conflicts. Now with the shadow service built into Windows I wonder if it is time for Acronis to think about rewriting their program to directly interface with Windows (not Linux) to do away with these conflicts; otherwise every time new computer hardware comes out Acronis has to either find or write drivers to enable True Image to work with it. It is kind of like the dog chasing its tale. The current situation means that Acronis will always be just a little bit behind the power curve. But like I said, currently Acronis has the best backup solution on the market available today.

17. starsfan09

starsfan09 Registered Member

Werne,
    Do you have a IDE connector on your Motherboard right now? If you can plug into IDE, then I'd get a NEC_3550 or a BenQ1650 from Newegg.com for about $40. From all the Nero Speed Scans, and DVD testing I've done,...NEC and BenQ will give you equal burn quality as Plextor, but a little cheapier. Then when Acronis fixes the SATA problem, then you can use it. Just a suggestion.:)

18. werne

werne Registered Member

Yes I do have an IDE connector and in fact have already tried an IDE DVD (it works) with the latest Acronis software. I prefer an all SATA setup (besides the esthetics it solves things like IDE connected things always wanting to be first in certain situations). I agree that there is basically no difference in performance between IDE and SATA DVD/CD burners, however, in certain situations I've found that there are less driver conflicts if your setup goes all one way or the other. Thanks for the suggestion. I'm ready for the future, just wish that Acronis was too.

19. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello werne,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

Please boot your computer from the Acronis True Image rescue disc and press F11 key when the selection screen appears. After you get the "Linux kernel command line" prompt, please modify it in the following way:

quiet acpi=off noapic, click on the OK button and choose "Full Version".

If the problem still persists, please create Linux System Information (sysinfo.txt) and Windows System Information as it is described in Acronis Help Post.

Please submit a request for technical support. Attach all the collected files and information to your request along with the step-by-step description of the actions taken before the problem appears and the link to this thread. We will investigate the problem and try to provide you with the solution.

Thank you.
    --
    Tatyana Tsyngaeva

20. werne

werne Registered Member

Tried the quiet acpi=off noapic but it didn't work - same result. Submitted request for technical support with required attachments and received Acronis #619095 technical supprt number. Hopefully, you can find a solution to my problem. Thanks.

21. starsfan09

starsfan09 Registered Member

LMAO! This statement deserves an award!! :thumb: :thumb: :D

22. werne

werne Registered Member

at least someone enjoyed it!:thumb::thumb::thumb::cool:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.