9.0 v 9.1

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by foghorne, Jun 17, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. foghorne

foghorne Registered Member

I have been a happy user of TI since version 1.0 and am currently using v9.0.

Can anyone give me a compare and constrast of v9.0(home) and v9.1 (workstation). I was unable to find this info on the web site.

In other words, what is in 9.1 that isn't in 9.0.

Thanks
    F

2. WSFuser

WSFuser Registered Member

well ATI 9.0 Home is for the consumer market and ATI 9.1 Workstation is for corporate clients.

the main reason to use ATI Workstation is for its ability to perform remote back up and restore over a network. It also supports the Acronis Universal Restore add-on.

3. foghorne

Thanks for your reply.

And additionally it supports SMTP notifications ? Is that right? This is something which would have been nice in 9.0 Home, but I'm not sure the price differential justifies that one feature.

4. WSFuser

WSFuser Registered Member

yea. the user guide mentions nothing of email notifications, so it must be for their ATI corporate products only.

5. Tsu

Tsu Registered Member

6. foghorne

7. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello foghorne,

Thank you for your interest in Acronis Remote Workstation Disk Backup Software.

We are very sorry for the delay with the response.

Please be aware that, as WSFuser has already mentioned above, the main difference between Acronis True Image 9.0 Home and Acronis True Image 9.1 Workstation is that the latter provides you with the ability to manage backup\recovery process remotely. Generally, Acronis True Image 9.1 Workstation is meant for use in business and networked environments allowing IT staff to manage backup tasks and protect employee laptops and desktops throughout the organization from one central location.

As for the version comparison page mentioned above, there is no column representing Acronis True Image 9.0 Home features there at the moment. I therefore arranged it on my own:

I. System Protection

Disk imaging - yes

Differential and incremental backups - yes

File-based backups - yes

Exclude files from backups - yes

Compression - yes

II. Recovery

Bare-metal restore of servers - no

Bare-metal restore of desktop PCs and laptops - yes

Acronis Universal Restore (restore to different hardware) - no

Restore specific files/folders - yes

Acronis Snap Restore (boot from an image) - yes

Acronis Recovery Manager (boot with F11 key) - yes

III. Administration

Scheduling - yes

Notifications (email, pop-up and SNMP) - no

Store events in Windows Event Log - no

IV. User Interface

Wizards - yes

Command-line interface, supporting scripts - no

V. Online Protection

Hot imaging/backups - yes

Microsoft Volume Shadow Copy Service (VSS) Support - no

CPU/Network Bandwidth/Disk Write speed throttling - no

VI. Storage Media

Storage options: DAS, SAN, NAS, RAID, tapes, network drives, FTP/SFTP, USB and IEEE-1394 (FireWire) storage devices, CDs, DVDs, and removable drives - no for tapes and FTP/SFTP

Acronis Secure Zone (special partition) - yes

Acronis Backup Server - no

VII. Supported Operating Systems and Processors

64-bit and 32-bit processors - yes

SuSE 8.0, 8.1, 8.2, 9.0, 9.1, 9.2, 9.3, RedHat 7.3, 8.0, 9.0, Advanced Server 2.1, 3.0, 4.0, Enterprise Server 3.0, Fedora Core 1, 2, 3, 4, Mandriva 8.0, 9.2, 10.0, 10.1, Slackware 10, Debian stable and unstable (sarge), ASPLinux 9.2, 10, 11, Server II, VI, Virtuozzo 2.6.x, Gentoo, UnitedLinux 1.0, Ubuntu 4.10, TurboLinux 8.0, 10.0 - no

Microsoft Windows 2003 Server, 2003 Server x64 Editions, 2000 Advanced Server, 2000 Server and NT 4.0 Server - no

Microsoft Windows XP Professional, XP Professional x64 Edition, 2000 Professional, NT 4.0 SP4, 98, and Me - yes

VII. Remote Administration - no remote administration is available in Home version

We recommend that you download and install the free trial version(s) of the product(s) you are interested in to see how the software works on your particular software\hardware configuration.

You can find the detailed instructions on how to use products mentioned above in the respective User's Guide.

Please visit Acronis online store to purchase the full version of the product. Note that we have a flexible system of discounts and the amount of the discount varies depending on the number of copies you want to purchase. In case you are planning to purchase many copies, please contact our Sales Team at sales@acronis.com.

If you have any further questions concerning Acronis software, please feel free to submit a request for technical support or post any of them on this forum. We will certainly try to help you in resolving any issues.

Thank you.
    --
    Alexey Popov

Last edited: Sep 15, 2006
  8. foghorne

Hi Alexey,

many thanks for the comprehensive reply. This might be useful incorporated into your existing website table at some point.

Thanks
    F

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.