True Image cloning dual boot XP/Vista

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by Ex_Brit, Jun 9, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ex_Brit

Ex_Brit Registered Member

I have T.I. installed on my XP partition and am about to install a new hard drive, first as slave to clone everything over and then as master. The old HD will be formatted and used as a spare slave drive.
    If I install Vista Beta 2 on a spare partition on my current drive 0 will T.I clone the whole disk or will it balk at the Vista partition?

Maybe I should wait until the hard drives are sorted out before installing Vista?

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello Ex_Brit,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

We are very sorry for the delay with the response.

First of all, please be aware that none of the currently available Acronis True Image versions supports Windows Vista. We will implement the support for this operating system as soon as it will be released officially.

Please also note that using Acronis True Image you will surely be able to backup\clone partition where Windows Vista is installed. Even if this partition has some kind of unsupported or corrupted file system (see this previous thread for details). However, we cannot guarantee that this particular Windows installation will remain bootable\function normally after you restore the backup or clone the hard drive. We therefore recommend that you clone your hard drive first and only after that install Windows Vista.

If you have any further questions concerning Acronis software, please feel free to submit a request for technical support or post any of them on this forum. We will certainly try to help you in resolving any issues.

Thank you.
    --
    Alexey Popov

Last edited: Jun 13, 2006
  3. Ex_Brit

Ex_Brit Registered Member

That's what I had assumed. Thanks for confirming it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.