Rollback Rx Uninstall

Discussion in 'backup, imaging & disk mgmt' started by aigle, Mar 17, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. aigle

aigle Registered Member

I recently installed trial of Rollback Rx and I am very happy with its performance. It,s really wonderful, and I inrend to buy it in future.

But just at the moment I want to uninstall it. I want to ask that the simple method descibed in the help is sufficient or in addition to that I have to use some special way after that, as I have read on internet that there are some special ways to uninstall comletely Norton and ZA Products.

I have a windows system restore point as well which I made before installing Rolback, do i need to use this restore after uninstalling rollback, just to remove any traces of Rollback left on the system.

Thanks.

2. Peter2150

Peter2150 Global Moderator

It uninstalls very easily by following the directions. BUT>>>> be careful, when you uninstall it, you have the option of leaving the machine, in it's current state, or in the state at the time of install, or for that fact the state of any snapshot. Be very careful, because if you should uninstall it at the state of installation, you will be out of luck. Any changes after that are gone.

As to system restore, whatever, but again if you made any installs after that ....

Pete

3. sukarof

sukarof Registered Member

I have done one uninstall of rollback following the instructions in the help file and it did uninstall without any problems.
    I just booted into the "baseline" wich is how the system was when I installed rollback Rx the first time (of course I had not updated the baseline since then) and uninstalled Rollback Rx. Thats it. Nothing more to do. Rollback Rx is gone as if it has never been installed.

4. aigle

aigle Registered Member

ok, thanks.

5. pvsurfer

pvsurfer Registered Member

I get the impression that all 3 of you either want to, or have uninstalled RB Rx. How come? Has it disappointed you in any way? o_O

6. sukarof

sukarof Registered Member

I did uninstall it because for some reason my firefox was messed up (bookmarks in bookmark toolbar disapeared)

I assumed (without any real evidence really) it had something to do with the synchronize feature of Rollback, coz it was after I did the synchronize thing it messed up. I am not sure that was the problem, but I wont synchronize firefox between snapshots ;)

I have reinstalled Rollback since then and everything is just fine, I do synchronize a couple of other programs without any problems.

7. Peter2150

I have a bug report ticket working with Raxco on First Defense(which I think they have solved). So when they give me something to do I have to uninstall Rollback to do the FD test. When done, I reinstall Rollback. I also have had no problems with Rollback, and even when the FD problem is solved will probably continue using Rollback on the Desktop, keeping FD on my laptop.

8. aigle

aigle Registered Member

I have only trial so far, will buy but when? still not sure.

9. pvsurfer

pvsurfer Registered Member

Just one followup question (which may have been addressed in other threads)....

How does Rollback Rx (and or that matter, FDISR, RestoreIT, etc.) work along with a disaster-recovery backup product such as True Image or IFW? In other words, are you able to still create and restore complete disk images while the system/instant restore program such as Rollback Rx (or the like) is installed?

Last edited: Mar 18, 2006
  10. Peter2150

Not familar with RestoreIT, but with FDISR and Rollback Rx the answer is yes. I image with both. With FDISR you have the option of turning off Preboot which takes it out of the MBR, so I do that although I am told you don't have to.

With Rollback when you take the image you are essentially imaging the system as it exists in the snapshot you are in. If you restore over an existing installation you may have to run FDISK/Mbr before it will boot. With a brand new drive that probably isn't the case. Rollback folks tell me when you restore you essentially are restoring as if Rollback isn't installed.

Pete

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.