Assigning Logical Drive Letter

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by Joe107L, Feb 17, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Joe107L

Joe107L Registered Member

I have an image that I checked with the Image Verifier in Acronis TI.

The image was successfully verified.

When I try to explore the image, I get to the Assigning Logical Drive Letter screen and the box has the word Empty in it. Also the Drive letter for the selected partition is also blank and no drives available for selection.

This image was created on another machine and is a good image as I have restored it on the machine it was created on.

I was just wanting to explore the image to access so info from it.

Should I be able to explore this image and if so, why am I getting a box stating Empty.

Thanks
    Joe

2. Hertz Van Rentyl

Hertz Van Rentyl Registered Member

I am only guessing, but I would think the image has disk relevant data on it that it cannot find on the other machine.

3. Joe107L

Joe107L Registered Member

I also think the image has disk relevant data on it that it cannot find. I still need to resolve this issue.

I hope that someone from Acronis who monitors this forum will address this issue as I have not had anyone else respond with a fix.

Thanks
    Joe

4. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello Joe107L,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

First of all, please make sure that you use the latest build (2337) of Acronis True Image 9.0 which is available at: http://www.acronis.com/homecomputing/support/updates/

You can find the full version name and build number by going to Help -> About... menu in the main program window.

To get access to updates you should create an account at:
    http://www.acronis.com/homecomputing/my/
    then log in and use your serial number to register your software.

Note that you should create new Bootable Rescue CD after installing the update.

If the problem still persists with the latest build (2337) of Acronis True Image 9.0 then please provide us with the following information (for the computer you try to plug the image on):

- Create Acronis Report and Windows System Information as it is described in Acronis Help Post;

- Where do you store the image that you try to plug?

- Verify this image by means of the embedded Check Archive tool and inform us about the result;

- Make a screen shot of Windows Disk Management by following Start -> Control Panel -> Performance and Maintenance -> Administrative Tools -> Computer Management -> Disk Management;

- Make a screen shot of the respective Plug Image wizard screen showing the drop-down box with no drive letters available for selection;

- Describe actions taken before the problem appears step-by-step.

Please submit a request for technical support. Attach all the collected files and information to your request along with the link to this thread. We will investigate the problem and try to provide you with the solution.

Thank you.
    --
    Alexey Popov

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.